Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Newly Leased F35 Problems
  • Sandwich

Apparently we won’t have full control of our freshly purchased toys. Major airframe maintenance will take place in Italy, while engines will go to Turkey. Marham in Norfolk will be for overspill only. What a cluster-thingy (to avoid triggering a ban as I’m not certain that my pejorative term is on ‘the list’).
    details here.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Hopeless POS, should’ve bought licence to make Rafales or F/A-18 Super Hornets.

otsdr
    Free Member

Thought this was about a rented Felt F35

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Calm down. Just par for the course for a brand new state of the art military fighter aircraft. The F22 had significant problems early on in it’s life with several crashes and problems of causing their pilots to black out, Eurofighter had it’s fair share of problems. Both those programmes are a good 10 years ahead of the F35. This is just the normal process of product development and maturity.

Why would we have F18’s – a 1970’s aircraft? or Rafales, the really are a generation behind F35/Eruofighter. And UK industry earns billions from the F35 employing tens of thousands of people in the UK – Rafale and F18 does nothing for UK industry.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Turkey 😆

holst
    Free Member

Whenever I think of the F35, I am reminded of the worst fighter aircraft ever. “Pilots thought it was a sweet plane to fly, but noticed that the wheel struts sometimes broke, that the engine leaked oil, and that the guns sometimes didn’t fire.”

mcnultycop

This isn’t about bikes is it?

teethgrinder

Can you get them on PCP from Ling’s?

Northwind

wobbliscott – Member

Calm down. Just par for the course for a brand new state of the art military fighter aircraft

Is it really? When in the past have we been told we have to ship our planes and engines abroad for servicing?

I’m not clear from that article if we have the capacity to do it all here and just aren’t allowed, or if we only have limited capacity and would be dependent on Turkey?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Newly Leased F35 Problems’ is closed to new replies.