Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Newish iPhone contract brags?
  • BigEls
    Free Member

Is haggling over the phone worth it when getting a new iPhone these days?
    Anyone got any killer deals on a newish model iPhone contract?
    I’m happy with my 7. Are the new ones batteries a lot better?
    I’m thinking for Strava etc?

somafunk

Wait till march for the new iPhones to be released, the new iPhone se is to be announced at £400 or thereabouts so i imagine they’ll be decent prices on older models

savoyad

Of course it’s worth it. At the very least, find the cheapest deal which meets your requirements and demand that your current provider match it. (they will.)
    It’s hard to suggest a killer deal without knowing – in particular – how much data you need.

euain

Xr and 11 (so the LCD one-off-the-top models) seem to have great battery life. My Xr is quite happy going for a couple of days with a lot of use (Strava, navigation, web access etc.) and it’s a massive step up from the 6s I had before.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have an XS and very happy with battery performance – it is infinitely better than the 6s it replaced and the two second hand 7s (ie two 7 phones) we have just got for our daughters (they both have >90% battery health).

I have seen the odd deal on them for about £550 brand new (sim-free) on Hot UK Deals over the last few months which I think is a bargain compared to the cost of a new 11.

GrahamS

the new iPhone se is to be announced at £400 or thereabouts

I hope so but there have been rumours of a new SE for years now and I keep getting disappointed.

Still using my old SE, but it would benefit from a better camera and waterproofing.

andylc
    Free Member

I very reluctantly signed a 24 month £60 per month contract for a new IPhone XS and then 3 months later Vodafone told me I was eligible for a free upgrade (which I wasn’t for another 21 months), so I said yes please I’ll have unlimited data, calls and texts worldwide please on a SIM only contract for £20 a month.

But other than your provider cocking up and giving you stuff for free ive never seen a new Iphone on an even vaguely cheap contract.

wors

the new iPhone se is to be announced at £400 or thereabouts

Im hoping so too, my SE is on its last legs but i’d rather not have a tablet in my pocket (which all the latest phones seem to be the size of!

andylc
    Free Member

Rumours about an iPhone SE 2 have been abounding literally for ever. It would surprise me if they come to fruition.

somafunk
    bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Recently upgraded from an iPhone 8 to an 11 Pro.

Apart from the Face ID and the camera (I still can’t take a decent picture), the 11 just feels like a heavier/slightly bigger 8.

I wasn’t expecting it to be life changing but I was hoping for it to feel a little less ‘meh’.

takisawa2

I paid £200 down £ £27/ month for my lads 128gb iPhone 11. That’s with unlimited calls & messages, & 24gb of data. He gifts data to his Mum & brother so they just had basic contracts with little data.
    I did price it up just buying the phone & a GifGaf sim but it was slightly more.

It’s a lot of money but he’s happy & pays for most of it himself.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Newish iPhone contract brags?’ is closed to new replies.