Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New(ish) Bikes. Yes Two!
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I went away for a while just from the site nowhere else and decided I was fed-up with my old 06 Enduro it was good but not fun it had become too much like a DH bike so I sold it on fleabay.

I got enough from it to buy a whole bike a cheap one but it was a full bike and it was all designed to work together, unlike the Enduro that was cobbled together.

I decided on a Pitch Comp and while still having quite a burly bike a managed to save about 3lbs over the weight of the Enduro. Ive had it just over 3 months now but due to my 2nd being born 1 week after getting the Pitch I still havn't been able to give it a proper breaking in. Upgrades so far have been limited to making it comfortable and ride better. So it has had the following Truvative bar, Syncros AM stem (70×10), Charge Spoon, Sunline Lock on grips, Firm spring in Pikes, RP3, Maxpro High Rollers and some Avid Elixir Rs.

The second new bike is a darkside Trek brought through cycle to work in the hope that it will make me thin(again) fitter and faster.

What do you all think? Do your worst.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Neither of them are my cup of tea, but enjoy.

J0N
    Free Member

Love the pitch. White stem would look better. (IMHO of course 🙂 )

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks Jon. I think a white stem would look too much. I have toyed with the idea of white rims when they get replaced but Im not sure about it.

I am also thinking about taking the rocker off and painting that white for a bit of balance.

chakaping
    Free Member

Like the Pitch, very handsome bike.

Deserves taking away somewhere nice for the weekend, surely?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Red Hope stem on the Pitch would look nice and tie in with the red rocker.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Over the next 6 weeks I plan to be at Cannock Chase DH most Monday afternoons then at the and of August we will be off to UK Bike Park so hopefully it will get a good thrashing although I dont expect the wheels to last through this but hey ho.

I_Ache
    Free Member

aphex: The reds don't match it would look a bit odd.

However one of those RaceFace cranks might do the trick! £150 with no rings is a bit steep but I wouldn't have to worry about changing the chain or cassette.

chakaping
    Free Member

Red rocker looks great, don't re-paint it.

Don't put red stem on either though!

sofatester
    Free Member

Just ride it!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I do ride it sofatester just not as much as I would like so I spend too much time looking at it wishing I was riding it and thinking about what would make it look better when stuff breaks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New(ish) Bikes. Yes Two!’ is closed to new replies.