Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Newcastleton – very pleasurable
  • Gilles

A very nice stop on the Scottish border!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXTgeNYrnF0[/video]

jonk

Did it in Aug. No one on it and was a good ride on the way home from GT.

neil853
    Free Member

Is this worth doing then is it? One of those places I’ve always past and never stopped at

neil853
    Free Member

Nice little vid that

jaylaz73

I love Newcastleton and often ride on my way home from work in Carlisle. Most of the time I have the place to myself, particularly at night.

Gilles

Yes, I like it. I also did GT first then cool down at Newcastleton. I like the North Shore bit, I think this should be called Ewok Village really.

jonba
    Free Member

It is a bit short unless you are in the area anyway. But I agree it is really nice and often empty.

I normally park at Kielder and ride over. If you like XC that is a good 35-40miles route on way marked trails. I first started doing this as training for the Kielder 100 (a large part of it was used in the race). You can extend it to make a really good long day on the bike if you want.

neil853
    Free Member

Hmmm the extension bit sounds good. I’m only in Sunderland so its not a huge trek.

ahwiles
    Free Member

neil853 – Member

Is this worth doing then is it? One of those places I’ve always past and never stopped at

this was me until about 3 weeks ago.

it’s ace, not gnarly, lots of lovely singletrack, some of it nicely tricky, the forest is beautiful in places – especially coming into autumn.

the new stuff is still very NEW!!!, but it’ll wear in quite nicely i think. (well made, lots of drainage, no need for heavy braking)

as with Glentress, don’t over-look the blue, it’s also great fun.

Newcastleton itself is very quiet, which makes a nice change.

failedengineer

I live in Brampton, so it’s only 30 mins or so away. I go up now and then and do two laps of the red. I agree that it’s lovely and quiet. The cross border route from/to Kielder are nice and quiet, too.

number18
    Free Member

Good fun and a great warm up on the way up to Glentress/ Ae/ Kirroughtree etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Newcastleton – very pleasurable’ is closed to new replies.