Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Newcastle..anything good for the kids to see or do.
  • rockhopper70

Kids age 8,12 & 14.
    On 2g so keep it brief please.
    Thanks

ElShalimo

The Baltic

tonyg2003

Centre for life?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Hancock museum
    Discovery museum
    Up to the top of the Baltic
    The Juice festival is on this week for kids http://www.newcastlegateshead.com/juice-home
    Farm in the Ouseburn http://www.bykerbridge.org.uk/farm/

ninfan
    Free Member

Baltic mills
    Hadrians wall, segendum at wallsend or further out
    Prudhoe baths (good wave machine, wet and wild over at shields is a dump)
    Chopwell woods
    Beamish

butcher

When are you going? They used to do a ghost walk, don’t know if they still do. There was a kid friendly version, and an adult version. We took the kids and they loved it. Ideal at this time of year.

rockhopper70

Tomorrow (Friday)

zeffir
    Free Member

+1 Discovery Museum

Drac

Bodyworks is on at Center Of Life then there’s a chique bowling place opposite with the Science Museum just passed that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stay Saturday, few bottles of brooon then off ta match ta see them smash liverpool, great family fun 🙂 After that is the floating nightclub still on? I reckon 8 should be OK without ID.

wolly
    Free Member

Stay Saturday, few bottles of brooon then off ta match ta see them smash liverpool, great family fun After that is the floating nightclub still on? I reckon 8 should be OK without ID

Ah the “tuxedo princess” highlight of my youth used to always be at an angle smelt like old socks and cheap perfume

Link

andyr
    Free Member

7 Stories by the farm in Ouseburn.
    The Hancock Museum (now renamed the Great North Museum)
    The Discovery Museum
    There’s a mini railway in exhibition park (dunno when it runs though)
    Jesmond Dene
    Segedunum
    Whitehouse Farm up by Morpeth
    Tanfield Railway
    Goth spotting in Eldon square (although they seem to have moved now. Where’ve they gone?)

lemonysam
    Free Member

Goth spotting in Eldon square (although they seem to have moved now. Where’ve they gone?)

There’s usually a big crowd of them outside the Geek Retreat on Grainger Street and depending on who’s playing, the younger ones may well be pointlessly queuing outside the O2.

lemonysam
    Free Member

There’s an antique bus service between Monument and the Discovery Museum this week which might be fun.

neninja
    Free Member

Hancock and Discovery are both great and also free which is a bonus.

Loads of interactive stuff for kids at the Discovery especially.

theotherjonv

I remember the Tuxedo Princess.

My mum’s side of the family are from and still live in Walker. As a fresh faced student 20 miles down the road, i went out one night with my cousin and some of his friends which ended up at the Tuxedo Princess.

😯

I didn’t think I was naive but i saw sights that continue to haunt me.

On the plus side, they also had podium dancing girls. Clearly i disapprove of their objectification, but i strongly approved at the time because a/ i didn’t know better and b/ i’d have had me head kicked in for pointing it out.

stevied
    Free Member

Get them down the Grove:

[video]http://youtu.be/h2BhESCKniw[/video]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Newcastle..anything good for the kids to see or do.’ is closed to new replies.