Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Newcastle fans…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I bet you’re feeling pretty gutted about now..!!!

gobuchul
    Free Member

It’s totally depressing.

But the fact of the matter is that no one else wanted the job.

I’m starting to think Mike Ashley is a undercover Sunderland fan.

We will have a red and white away strip next.

binners

You mean that managers weren’t queuing up to sign for an owner who’ll probably have sold most of the squad before the start of the season?

martinhutch

Surprised he didn’t put a cheeky offer in for Joey Barton’s services.

tomhoward

As a Huddersfield Town fan, NUFC fans have my sympathies. But look on the bright side, at least you won’t have to look at this…

nickc

I’m starting to think Mike Ashley is a undercover Sunderland fan.

which is ironic given that when Bruce was sacked by Sunderland in ’11? he sited the fact that he was a Newcastle fan as the reason! and not at all about the fact that he’d changed the entire squad and they were a shambles…

Oh well, at least it’ll be an exciting* season…

*by which I mean; an utterly predicable and depressing slide into the Championship, again…

tonyg2003

As an NUFC fan having Ashley as owner is truly depressing. He can’t seem to sell the club, despite all his BS saying that he wants to sell it, since he wants a top (profit) price for it. Doesn’t want to spend money or develop the club.

So no Perez, Rondon (Signed by Benitez to his new Chinese club), probably no Longstaff (going to Man U) and possibly other players going. Coming in…….

Although black humour is the best place to go – recently quoted “It’s good to see Ashley planning for the future. Bruce is an average championship manager”.

I’d put us down as one of the favourites for relegation now. I’m starting off the season depressed!

mefty
    Free Member

But look on the bright side, at least you won’t have to look at this…

I thought the video was moderately funny. but that is gopping

binners

Stick a fiver on you getting relegated, then at least it’ll pay for your beers when you go down

Assuming the present odds would cover a round…? 😉

tomhoward

I thought the video was moderately funny. but that is gopping

The more I think about it, the more I think it’s a wind up. FA rules say sponsors logos can’t be more than 250cm2, and it’s not like PP are averse to a bit of shock marketing.

scuttler

The sheer nastiness of that HTFC shirt will at least save my son me a few quid this year although kids shirts can’t have gambling logos so not sure what they’ll end up looking like. Jonny Hogg for Miss Paddy Power 2020…

binners

I note that Bruce’s title is head coach and not manager. Preferable to Mike Ashleys Bitch, I suppose, but thats what it adds up to. The return of JFK as director of football?

fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

Mike Ashley is a vile, cretinous, scumbag of a human – so in all honesty, pretty well matched to cabbage/potato head Steve Bruce. As a Wednesdayite we bought into his plans and also cut him some slack when he couldn’t start the job for family reasons in Jan. Then he went and stabbed us in the back!! He has allegedly also taken a £1m pay cut to join a club where the owner is hated, he is hated, and the team are shite, from a club where he had full backing of fans and players alike. He must be one thick bell end!

nastybobby
    Free Member

Paddy Power are known to be wind up merchants. I have a suspicion that the HTFC shirt is just that. I thought there was a strict limit on the amount of real estate that advertisers could cover on a shirt?

tomhoward

I thought there was a strict limit on the amount of real estate that advertisers could cover on a shirt?

250cm2 on the front. Which that looks like way more than.

fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

especially on the xxxl shirt worn by most udders fans

fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

chansiri

hodgynd
    Free Member

I’ve said all along that the sale of the club will never happen and it won’t..
    The club owes that fat **** absolutely nothing ..he has had free world wide advertising for the last 12 years for the only thing he cares about …Sports Direct ..I absolujtely detest the man and hope his business empire crashes down around his ankles ..and yes I would take that even if it meant that as a club we also suffer ..anything to get rid of that vile **** ..

Cletus

If Bruce has really taken a pay cut to manage Newcastle then I think he needs to be respected.

I do not think he will be the new messiah and that success for him will be avoiding relegation so I have a grudging admiration for his bravery (foolhardiness) in taking the job. If Newcastle had a better owner then he would probably not be in the running.

Best result would be avoiding relegation and progress in the cups which attracts a new owner allowing Ashley to exit with the money he craves. As a City fan I have a gratitude to Ashley for his stupidity when Sheik Mansour was interested in buying Toon – all those trophies and fantastic football could have wound up in the North-East!

fourfivesixfiftyb
    Free Member

respect and steve bruce in the same sentence – PMSL
    ask palace fans, wigan fans, wednesday fans – the man is a snake!

sargey

Latest from the Asia cup…
    Newcastle United 0 wolves 4

Bet Bruce is sat in Newcastle thinking
    Wtf have I done!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Even in the Jim Smith, Ossie Ardiles days I have never felt so pessimistic as I do now. This is an object lesson in asset stripping. The FCB has realised he can’t get his £350m for the club he bought without doing due diligence (and hence didn’t realise owed Barclays £80m). So he’s got rid of the one man pressuring him to spend the incoming TV money on players and managed to get save on his salary by letting him walk. Only to replace him with a yes man who’ll be trying to tell us the championship calibre players he’ll ‘buy’ are good enough. They wont be.

The players confidence is already shot judging by today’s performance. We’ll be down by February and the FCB will be reluctant to sell again because the club will be worth far less than what it owes him. That’s down to his running of it though.

Had he spent a couple of £m on the training ground and infrastructure (as Benitez wanted) then like many higher level PL teams, they would have a decent supply of young lads ready to supplement purchases or be sold to boost revenues. Much in the way Chelsea and Liverpool get strong money for unproven but talented players.

The FCB has always done this though. Buying another faded/distressed brand, taking advantage of what goodwill and customers it has and peddling an inferior version of it until it’s brand is practically worthless. See Karrimor, Slazenger, House of Fraser. I hope to god they all fail – including NUFC if that means getting shot of him and starting again.

Glad you asked Loddrik?

binners

Trying to do the Premiership on Championship money is never going to work. Ashley believes it will because he’s somehow managed to retain the services of a truly world class manager who can polish turds, but not indefinitely.

I’d say you’re absolutely nailed on for relegation now, before a ball has been kicked.

Unless… about February….

Wolves are busy showing what can be done by having owners who have got ambition, and don’t mind spending a few quid. They’ll be giving the top of the table a run for their money this season, that’s for sure

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Agreed Binners. What is really difficult to stomach is that Wolves are just another club (like Watford) to come up and quickly overtake us lot who are just hoping to tread water and finish 17th or above every year. It’s a total fallacy that we expect top 6: just a club that spends what it earns on players who care and try to play decent football… and just some ambition. I know people who’ve been going 30+ years who’ve had enough now.

mefty
    Free Member

The more I think about it, the more I think it’s a wind up

Well called, good to see Huddersfield still getting a lot right #saveourshirt

tomhoward

Wasn’t worried… 😬

pothead
    Free Member

Mike Ashley is without doubt the worst thing to happen to NUFC, profits come before progress and the talk of a takeover is lies. Benitez has said he told the club in May he was leaving and within a few days the Sun reported the takeover news. Ashley has no intention of selling a profitable business ( its not a football club in his eyes ) and will continue to asset strip until it starts costing him money. One thing I have noticed is a distinct lack of new home shirts around the north east this year, usually they would be everywhere but six weeks or so since they went on sale I honestly can’t remember seeing a single person wearing one. Steve Bruce has got some balls to take the job on but personally I couldn’t care who got the job, build the team up until you have a few ambitious clubs wanting to buy your best players then sell the lot and start all over. I would have been gutted a year ago but sad to say I just don’t care any more

s1m0n
    Free Member

Even as a Sunderland I can feel your pain. Wouldn’t wish Bruce on anyone. Maybe see you in the Championship next season.

bomber1
    Free Member

Maybe you get Steve McLaren back like Derby did!!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Howay man ..whiv just tanked tha Hammers in the Aisa Cup one nowt ..

probably the only positive result we will get all season

sootyandjim
    Free Member

As a Palace fan I have nothing good to say about Steve Bruce. He is an absolute cretin who jumped ship to Brum after only 3 months at Selhurst Park, shortly after splashing out on a load of players to suit his ‘vision’. Thankfully we had an owner at the time who didn’t take his crap lying down.

He and Ashley are a perfect match.

Its hard to say this, but I actually feel for NUFC fans for having this thrust upon them.

hodgynd
    Free Member

This new kid we are signing ( supposedly ) ..Joelinton..
    Will Smith’s love child ..quite a resemblance

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Newcastle fans…’ is closed to new replies.