Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Newbie follows advice and is happy
  • bentandbroken

Buy a new bike they said

Don’t get the Carrera they said

Get an On One Inbred they said

Well I followed all of that and there is a nice shiny new (to me) On One in the garage ready for it’s first outing tomorrow 😀

Footnote
    Get some instruction they said; Sorry, I’m out of cash after the bike purchase, but will lean on my experienced buddies tomorrow and will start saving ASAP to book a ‘professional’

Thanks STW!

piemonster

Quality mate.

Just a quick note, if I offer you any advice… don’t take it. It’s for the best really.

bentandbroken

How do I post my photos (they are on my laptop, not online) so that STW can give me the obligatory gardening advice?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Forum Help

info in the help setion

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How do I post my photos (they are on my laptop, not online) so that STW can give me the obligatory gardening advice?

I use photobucket (as it’s a depository for my STW photos). Once you’ve uploaded photos, for each photo you have there will be a box for “Forum code” with some gobbledegook like this

Simply copy and paste this into the post box on STW and you’re away.

bentandbroken

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3

bentandbroken

Ooo! It worked.

Not a great photo, but the best one I have for now

footflaps

That worked!

tthew

Aah, black and white photography to camouflage the moss in the flags. Clever. Bush could do with a trim

Nice bike though.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody who tells you not to get a Carrera bike is either an idiot or a Liar.Carrera bikes are award winning bikes enjoyed by many on this Forum.They are as good as bikes costing twice there price.The Bullshit of bike brand snobs is not the same as a realistic assessment.

bentandbroken

Aah, black and white photography to camouflage the moss in the flags

It makes a better job of hiding the fact that one of the fence panels is painted and the other isn’t 😳

Nice bike though.

😀

bruneep

Wheel/Tyre logos need to be lined up. 😉

bentandbroken

Anybody who tells you not to get a Carrera bike is either an idiot or a Liar.Carrera bikes are award winning bikes enjoyed by many on this Forum.They are as good as bikes costing twice there price.The Bullshit of bike brand snobs is not the same as a realistic assessment.

‘They’ didn’t tell me not to get any Carrera (hence I typed “Don’t get the Carrera they said”).
    The advice was to get the next Carrera up the range (by buying second hand to keep in my budget) or look at a build it yourself based on an On One Inbred frame.

Still seems good advice to me 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

On-One and Jedi, eh! (I’ve nothing against the latter BTW). One day you’ll realise that you’re a victim of a fad forum with bizarre preferences and prejudices.

Junkyard
    Free Member

or you will wake up as free and liberated as edukator who is free of prejudices and is like our very own Continental Clarkson 🙄

Ps as for prejudices when you fly off on one no one ever defends you – have you considered it might actually be you?

seadog101

I went shopping for a new bike. A Carrera Fury was ticking all the boxes, lovely piece of kit. But sadly the staff at the local Halfords (2 different branches), were singly unimpressive and it seemed like selling the bike was too much bother.

Ended up getting a Ghost from CRC (’tis muchly brilliant), more bike for less cash.

Sorry if you work at Halfords, I’m sure there that many of you are ace.

Edukator
    Free Member

Still chasing me around then, Junkyard. I’m flatttered that you take the time to comment.

I think it’s clear I don’t need or want defending.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think it’s clear I don’t need or want defending.

Will you be asking for all traces of yourself to be removed from the forum anytime soon Ed? Quite a few of us sheep would like to know.

bentandbroken

Removed as I think there are forum shenanigans going on 😳

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So anyway bentandbroken, nice bike. And nice atmospheric and enigmatic monochrome photography. Enjoy 8)

nick1962
    Free Member

Got an Inbred 456 a few years back from On One only £99.Versatile and great for all sorts of riding and riders.Nothing touches it for value.Enjoy it now and as you improve as a rider you can push it further and still not find it’s limits.

Edukator
    Free Member

It seems TSY has tried and failed if you chack his profile, Darcy. I said I would if I could but management has made it clear I can’t (without a legal fight anyhow).

So if you want to see the back of me you just have to persuade STW to make a complete disappearing act possible. Till then… .

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

The on one looks just like a poor mans Fury to me.Difference is abo ut £500 and you have Halfords support in everytown.

davidjones15
    Free Member

The on one looks just like a poor mans Fury to me.Difference is abo ut £500 and you have Halfords support in everytown.

You say that like it’s a good thing. 😐

CountZero

I wouldn’t trust the chimps in Halfords with a £25 Toys’r’us special! I’m not knocking Carrera’s, but an OnOne you build yourself, and they’re exceptional bikes. As the owner of two, I might have a bit of a clue…

khani
    Free Member

Nice bike 😀

I think there are forum shenanigans going on

Yup…
    Still a nice bike tho.. 😀

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Loved my Inbred – did me proud for years! The frame is still hung up in the garage… perhaps a cheap build up one of these days will bring it back 😉

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Bush could do with a trim

Steady on; time and place…

Anyway; nice bike, go and get it dirty.

wwaswas

Nice bike 🙂 I loved my Inbred – had it for nearly 10 years.

I’d run that front brake hose inside the fork though…

Ignore Edukator he’s just upset that Mark won’t delete everything that he’s ever posted.

bentandbroken

I’d run that front brake hose inside the fork though…

I’m not sure I understand 😳 Its currently zip tied (lightly) in some grooves on the front of the forks (you can just about see the black zip tie in the picture). The grooves look like they are made for the job, but I can move it if it would be better elsewhere….

PS – Thanks for the other advice 😉

wwaswas

sorry, I meant run the hose so it’s inside the fork leg – it’ll catch on stuff on the outside. sorry for the big pic but like this one (obviously you need to make sure the tyre won’t scuff it etc but if you take it between the leg and the wheel down to the mount it’ll be safer.

bentandbroken

Gotcha! I think the cable will ‘flow’ more naturally that way as well. Thanks 😀

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Newbie follows advice and is happy’ is closed to new replies.