Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Newbie contact lens wearer – having problems.
  • Bunnyhop

Today I rubbed my left eye and the contact lens was no longer on the eye, didn’t see it fall out and now I’ve put in another lens, so I can see again.
    Hubby has worried my by saying they sometimes could get trapped between theeye and lid.
    Shirley I would know this. Feel a bit stupid if I’m walking around with 2 lenses in one eye and don’t like the thought of the original one being still in there.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If it was in there, you’d know. Believe me, you’d KNOW!
    They are either in place, not in your eye, or folded up/ripped causing havoc in your eye. and if it’s the latter you know ALL about it!

RealMan
    Free Member

Nope, could still be in there, have a good look. I’ve done something similar, assumed it had fallen out. Went to bed, was fine next day, then saw it fall out in the shower the next evening.

EDIT: and who said STW isn’t helpful?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pook

If they are still in there but not in the right place it is uncomfortable to say the least. It’ll have popped out without you knowing.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Sometimes you can squish them to such an extent that they sit in the corner of your eye but a good close inspection in the mirror will show that up.

It’s quite an achievement to put two lenses in at the same time, I did it once after leaving them in all night and my vision was all over the shop. I think you would know if you had two lenses in.

Chances are the first lens sprung out and you didn’t find it, happens quite a bit when you first start wearing them.

honeybadgerx

You need to be careful it’s not still in there as they can work their way round to the back of the eyeball and start to sever the optic nerve…. 😈

Bunnyhop

Aw thanks chaps, I’m wearing dailies, so soft and nice to wear.

I have had a good route, I’m guessing that if anything was still in, it would just work itself out, maybe like an eyelash?

It’ll have popped out without you knowing.

Things are always doing that 😉

jackthedog
    Free Member

I wear daily lenses, have done for some years, still managed to convince myself one had fallen out when it was actually rolled up in the corner of my eye. Discovered it a while later when it shifted into an uncomfortable position.

Marge
    Free Member

I’ve had a similar situation where I’d thought I’d lost one but a couple of hours later it came back from where it had been hiding….
    Couldn’t feel, couldn’t see it!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I remember a story at university about a chap who’d returned to digs one night, a little worse for wear. removed the lens from his right eye, the the left. being very drunk, he the went to remove the contact lens from his right eye. Spent a good thirty minutes pulling and prodding at his eye ball trying to remove a contact lens that wasn’t there. Apparently, according to the story, he made a bit of a mess of his eye and ending up with lots of creams and an eye pat h while it healed.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Definitely had a few get torn/crumpled and end up somewhere at the back of my eyeball.

A helpful friend to have a look and a lot of “Look ALL the way up. Ok, now ALL the way down.” usually does the trick.

CountZero

It’ll have popped out without you knowing.
    Things are always doing that

😯

Bunnyhop

Hubby has just a good look with a torch and yes it’s there hiding in the lid. I’ve felt it move around.

Need to have a go later at removal (uurrgghh).

joeegg
    Free Member

If its higher up in your eye close the lid then massage the area where the contact lens is stuck slowly and softly towards the centre of your eyeball.This should move the lens to the centre of your eye and remove it as normal.Works every time for me feels more comfortable than poking about on the surface of the eye.

T666DOM

If you can get it out SAFELY then that’s fine. However you can do more damage prodding and poking,trying to remove it. If it proves too hard to remove go and see the optometrist who supplied them. I often take lenses/pieces of lenses out for my patients, it’s a quick job to do.

Comments above about being aware of a lens under the lid, I once saw a lady wearing monthly disposable lenses, she’d been on holiday about 2 months previously and had been wearing daily disposables, occasionally she thought she hadnt got a whole lens out, when I looked under her lid there was 8 BIG chunks of daily CLs, clearly from a few different lenses. I couldnt believe she didn’t know they were there!!!

rs
    Free Member

just wait until you get an eyelash between the eye and contact lens 👿

Bunnyhop

Night ride over (very soggy out there) and lens now removed gently as joeegg described.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Newbie contact lens wearer – having problems.’ is closed to new replies.