Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Newb to pressure washers – questions.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

So Ive decided to get a pressure washer after the state of my bike today.
    This might be a dumb question, but do they all need to be plugged into a power source all the time? Thinking for uses to wash down bikes between laps in 24 hour races etc. Anyone recommend any one in particular? Nothing too crazy price wise. Been looking at ones by Kercher.

Cheers!

bearnecessities

Yes.

Nilfisk.

project
    Free Member

THEY ALL NEED POWER AS THEY USE A HIGH PRESSURE PUMP

molgrips
    Free Member

Jet washers need to be plugged in, yes.

However what you are after is a Dirtworker or whatever they are called these days. They don’t clean bikes anything like as well but are portable and ideal for 24 hour races.

However there are often rules about cleaning your bike outside of the designated area at races.

gavstorie
    Free Member

nomad washers are rechargable so you can take them anywhere.. The pressure is perfect for bikes and 1 fill can usually do 1-2 bikes.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If you get a mains power jetwash just be carefull that you don’t apply too much pressure to areas with bearings.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you get a mains jetwasher for your bike, buy the smallest lowest power one you can find. This will be fine for your bike if you are careful. You do NOT want a high powered one.

I have a tiny Bosch one which has four wheels like a little car.

danbo
    Free Member

Definitely Nilfisk

batfink
    Free Member

I had a Mobi jobbie that plugged into the cigarette lighter – excellent. There was some p*ss-taking from mates when I got it, but they were soon asking to borrow it.

spacemonkey

I asked the same question on here a few weeks ago and opted for a Nilfisk C120.

Brilliant piece of kit, as are the accessories. Cleaned the cars, walls, patio, garden toys, conservatory roof, driveway and other random things with ease.

Got it on one of those Amazon timed offers @ £69 too 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Jet washes ruin bikes!

nickjb
    Free Member

Be prepared for all the moving parts to wear out much faster. It will look shinier though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been jetwashing my bikes since 2000. I hardly ever replace bearings. Since 2007 one main pivot, and.. Well that’s it. No wheels.

Just use a small low power one and keep the jet away from your fork seals. If you do it right it definitely will not wear stuff out fast.

I jetwash for speed and convenience. Takes me 15 mins from filthy to clean, job done.

DaveRambo

I have a Nomad 18V washer – had it now for 3 years or so and use it weekly at least.

Runs off a battery that will power 2 to 3 tank fulls of water and I can wash 2 bikes per tank.

If the battery goes it can run from a cigarette lighter in the car.

No complaints, it’s not cheap but it’s had a lot of use and abuse and still works perfectly fine.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I use a decking treatment sprayer, it shifts mud (if it’s fresh) with ease, uses no electricity, is good for 1 wash if full of water and cost me £8.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Newb to pressure washers – questions.’ is closed to new replies.