Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New York,concrete jungle
  • unovolo
    Free Member

Off to New York again shortly for my jollies, now I have been before and done most of the typical tourist stuff.
    Looking for inspiration for places to go/ things to do anything and everything considered.

Also what about decent bike shops to visit whilst there,went to Togo/Gotham cycles whilst there last time and was a bit underwhelmed so any suggestions of decent places where I can go and indulge myself in shiny things.

Prepared to travel a bit for any of the above so places In Brooklyn,Hoboken,Bronx etc all considered.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.johnspizzerianyc.com/ – Just off Times Square.
    Awesome pizza!

http://www.metmuseum.org/
    You sound like you may have already done this, but just in case….Quite simply, one of the finest museums anywhere. Truly brilliant. If there, check out what’s on at the Guggenheim. Great venue, but only really worth a visit if there’s something good on inside.

http://www.thecentralparkboathouse.com/lakeside.php
    Breakfast at Loeb’s, in the sunshine. A pleasure! Even more fun to watch the Central Park Freds (we call them Mamils!) outside beforehand!

unovolo
    Free Member

Liking the look of the “Central Park Boathouse” and the Distillery ,any more places,things to do.

No mention of decent bike shops yet or bike-cafes?

parkesie
    Free Member

Ghost busters fire station was all i wanted to see 😀

BoardinBob
    easygirl

Museum of natural history
    Gobsmacking
    The roman chariots and jewellery are amazing, truly stupendous!,

Dirtytwister

Well I’m a bit of a greedy git so my must visit places are: The Burger Joint behind the velvet certain at the Parker Meridian Hotel, Peter Lugers Steak House Brooklyn, Lombardis pizza place Spring st, A Salt & Battery – British fish and chips and Zabars Deli west 80th st.

HAPPY EATING!!!

mk1fan
    Free Member

Love NYC

Pigface
    Free Member

Get yourself out to Rockaway, cool and odd place.

LardLover
    Free Member

Nathan’s in Coney Island for a hotdog and a ride on the Cyclone roller coaster (real old rickety wooden one). Then pop into Roy’s bike shop on Sheepshead Avenue, Brooklyn. A bit of daunting place is Roy’s as you have to enter down the side street. I wear in awe when I first went into Roy’s many years ago; row upon row of Yeti’s (ARC’s etc) hanging from the roof. Haven’t been in years though 🙁
    Whilst in Brooklyn why not pop into RA Cycles if you seriously want to hammer your credit card. They can be a bit snooty/stand-offish especially if you aren’t shelling out several grand though. At least they were when I went in and only came out with 2 Arundel carbon bottle cages.

Bronx zoo is worth a visit too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New York,concrete jungle’ is closed to new replies.