Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Yoik Boutique Hotel recommendations?
  • philbert31
    Free Member

I’m looking to take my darling wife away for a long weekend next year and was thinking about NY, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt last time so would prefer something a little nicer this time as it’ll be her first visit and it might help keep her on side when i tell her my new bike plans 8)
    I know my way around relatively well but if there any hidden gems you know about feel free to add those too!

Cheers,

Phil

toby1

All I can say is where I went, the Ace hotel, which while a cool hotel was sort of stranded in mid-town/Chelsea and lacked the local feel of the village. However, it did make getting to the central or southern areas pretty easy and it has it’s own pub, so it’s not all bad.

If I was going back, which the funds do not allow for at present, I’d be looking for somewhere in the Greenwich area.

‘kin great place to spend time though, would love to go back again soon.

Edit: Also, this

philbert31
    Free Member

Ta for the link, ill have a read through

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BillMC

Not many hotels in Greenwich. I’ve stayed there a few times via AirBnB, it was ace. Such a vibrant bit of Manhattan.

unovolo
    Free Member

Try the Andaz on the corner of Wall street, we stayed there a couple of years back and it was great, free wine and beer in the evening, free coffee all day.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

I love the Bowery Hotel (and the lower east side) but for a first visit something like the Library might be worth a look (still quirky but a bit closer to all the ‘must see’ sights)

dpfr

We stayed in The Mansfield Hotel a couple of years ago. It was convenient for MOMA, Broadway, Central Park, and we really liked it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it really two years since that thread? EEEEK!

FWIW, I use the Mela, in the days since that thread that is. As per this, later, thread on NYC.

From me;

I stay here usually –
    http://www.hotelmela.com/

Rooms aren’t massive, but it’s very well located and very good service all round. Plus, just up the road from John’s Pizzeria…(Hmm, hungry now!) Good bar called The Long Room just next door to the hotel as well, with a great range of US microbrews.

The Met is indeed a MUST VISIT piece of NY. The Guggenheim is great, providing there’s something good on. Otherwise it’s a very expensive architectural tour, IMHO.

Top of the Rock is good as well.

Breakfast at Loeb’s Boathouse in the Park is a real winner if the weather’s nice. Go to the “posh” bit on the waterfront.

dpfr

+1 for Loeb Boathouse

proutster
    Free Member

All I can say is that I took CFH’s advice (almost entirely and completely) for a surprise trip to NYC 2 years ago for my girlfriend’s 40th and he knows his onions!!

We had a great time and I can’t wait until next year as it’s my 50th and she’d better come up with somewhere cracking 🙂

jkomo

The Standard
    Right on the highline, rooftop bar overlooking the river and all major landmarks.

http://www.standardhotels.com/high-line

Seriously, I think that is the one.

Went to the club at the top with my sister. Such fun.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All I can say is that I took CFH’s advice (almost entirely and completely) for a surprise trip to NYC 2 years ago for my girlfriend’s 40th and he knows his onions!!

Awwww, shucks! 😳

I can’t wait until next year as it’s my 50th and she’d better come up with somewhere cracking

Here’s hoping I can continue in the same vein!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Yoik Boutique Hotel recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.