Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • New Years Riding Resolutions
  • fathomer

So what’s everyone’s biking resolutions?

Mine is to ride as many new places and as much as possible.

So far got a trip booked to Scotland which will be the first time I’ve ever crossed the boarder, Dumfries to be accurate. Nothing else concrete as yet. I’d also really like to do Snowdon, which will be my first ever proper mountain.

Oh, and hopefully some riding in Marin County during our belated honeymoon in May on the US West coast!

tpbiker
    Free Member

Climb an Alp…

Venteux and D’huez scheduled for June.

_tom_
    Free Member

I only managed 1600 miles on my road bike this year so I’d like to improve on that, gonna aim to double it as I’ve been slacking loads!

Really need to ride more new places as well so I sense a few more road trips. And if I can afford it after sorting my new house out I want to go for a short break with Ride Portugal this summer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trusty

Scottish borders in June, for the 10th year. Always good. Pyrennese in May, first time on the bike in proper mountains in years and can’t wait. Do a couple more of these new fangled Enduro things. No plans apart from that as I don’t know where in the country I’ll be working after March.

adamhood
    Free Member

I am going to do wales coast to coast in september, lots of training to do first 🙂

chives
    Free Member

Not been off-road for three months following injury – so I feel like I’m starting from scratch again! Hope to build back up to some semblance of fitness (did 21 miles on the road the other day and it nearly finished me off). Resolution is to not have another major OTB ! Happy new year all.

ads678

Mine is just to get fitter, loose a bit of weight and ride more.

I can probably count the proper mtb rides I’ve done this year on my fingers!!

andytherocketeer

Don’t do NY resolutions as such, but the challenge is to ride up more hills, and explore further afield.

steelfan
    Free Member

Less DIY and more time riding!

weeksy

Jump a double.

Finish in the top 25% in an xc event

Ride 5000km

mooman
    Free Member

To be fitter than the previous year.

mintimperial

I’m going to ride into work more. I started 2013 pretty well but let it slide badly later on, which is no good.

xcracer1
    Free Member

Ride more, loose weight, get fitter and enter a few enduros, starting with the dyfi enduro.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Not be such a big girls blouse on steep technical stuff.

Not be afraid of getting airborne

jedi

to still feel like a kid when i ride

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Given I’ve been otb for 4 months following breaking my arm in 2 places I’ll hopefully get more road miles in then plan to get a trip to Skye in the summer and do a couple of enduros for the first time

kane10255
    Free Member

To be fitter than last year and get out twice a week on the road and twice a week offroad plus offroad at the weekends.

simmy
    Free Member

Do a 100 miler on the Road Bike.

Get out at least 5 times a week on the MTB for an hour each time – easy to do if I can persuade myself to get out of bed an hour earlier.

I’ve done 2,500 miles on the bikes this year, I want it double that in 2014………

Haze

More events, maybe even a road race.

Build a CX for next winter.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

1. To ride 100 miles per week, on and off road, including commuting.

2. To not buy another bike.

3. To enter an event every month. (Great Yorkshire Bike Ride, Dunwich Dynamo, Calderdale MTB Marathon, etc)

br
    Free Member

Be as fit as in previous years.

Not be such a big girls blouse on steep technical stuff.

I recently put on a super-tacky Chunky Monkey front tyre, it has made the world of difference to my riding on techy stuff – especially the steep off-piste trails we’ve around here.

benji
    Free Member

Keep improving my riding in technical sections, that way I’m not losing out so much in cross races when it gets tricky.

xterramac
    Free Member

To not get sucked into training and racing (on or off road), I want to enjoy riding more and feel like I did before competition took over from the stoke of just pedalling with mates…

longmover
    Free Member

Not landing on my head

gordimhor

Ride more, eat less 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bike Bivvy at least once a month.

Northwind

I want to get out of the trialcentres a bit more- don’t get me wrong, I love them (and purpose-built off-piste stuff, and dh courses, and that) but every time I stir off my arse and go somewhere totally different I realise how much I can miss.

Oh and more arguing on the internet.

dryroasted
    Free Member

y arse and go somewhere totally different I realise how much I can miss.

trail centres

wiggles
    Free Member

Ride all the main trails in south Wales…

Really not ridden enough of them considering I live here! Want to push myself fitness wise and technically doing my first proper downhill runs to.

mrhoppy

Do a 100 miler on the road bike
    Do a 100km ride each month
    Get out of the trail centres more
    Ride from home to the sea

deanfbm
    Free Member

I didn’t have any, then saw this –

“to still feel like a kid when i ride”

Reminded me that im getting a bit too hung up on being “good”, by good, i mean most other peoples interpretation of good, ie being the fastest. Doesn’t help that i generally ride with people who race DH/4X pretty seriously.

I ride bikes to piss about with mates in the woods, just like i did as a kid, keep on forgetting that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Variety, enjoyment and touring.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I just want to ride my bike as much as I can and would like to ride more new places.

Hopefully we’ll have another nice summer which will make the above much easier!

Also want to get my single speed finished for something a bit different.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘New Years Riding Resolutions’ is closed to new replies.