Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • New Years Resolutions
  • pingu66
    Free Member

I may be a little premature but after not having a brilliant year in my personal life, lots of stress and working far too hard (although professionally it has been a good year) one of my main New Years resolutions will e to address my work life balance. Make time for family and friends, look after my health better etc.

What New Years resolutions do you have.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Laudable.

Mine is predictable: quitting smoking. Again…

Northwind

Mine last year was to go to the gym more. So I went to the gym, and it was full of people who’d made new year’s resolutions to go to the gym, so I couldn’t get on any of the machines I wanted to.

In conclusion; sod it.

piemonster

Run mountains… lots

And ride bikes…occasionally

heckler73
    Free Member

run i wish the knee doesnt like it anymore. bike no problem so more biking and gym just out 2 hrs ago have my own BUT i do have to get on some memorable bike trips to look back on with a smile in a few years, as they say time flies so i best get ticking some boxes…………..

althepal

Lose a bit of weight, get out on the bike much more, spend more time with my family, get the bloody essays done.
    Not sure if they’re mutually exclusive though!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Loose weight, eat better, cycle more, be less predictable.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tend (and never have actually come to think of it) make any Resolutions for the New Year. Have always changed my mind as and when I felt like it.
    But having said that I can see the appeal of using some fixed date to be the catalyst for change.

So, for the purposes of this thread, Ride More.

Tom83

Less beer consumption. Get out on the bike the same amount, but for longer each time, and also to ride new places I’ve not been to before.

RustyMac

Be more patient and understanding when i am tired.

This is going to be a huge test for me next year with our first born being due at the beginning of March, but i want to be the best Dad i can be so i am gonna have to work on being much less of a drama queen when i am tired and or knackered.

ontor
    Free Member

drink less alcohol/coffee

forge197
    Free Member

Maintain the weight I lost this year, I’d like to exit 2013 with the same bikes I enter the year with and continue regular exercise.

stats

My New Years resolution for 2012 was to say ‘yes’ more.
    It has worked, better social life than ever before and I’ve had great fun. The idea came from reading Danny Wallace’s Yes Man. That was the only thing I really wanted to change about myself.

This year I’ll just continue to do the same.

(OK… maybe to grow some balls and speak to more women)

missnotax
    Free Member

This year has been a terrible one for me personally, cumulating in losing my Mum a few months ago. I can’t WAIT for 2013 to get this awful rubbish year over and done with!!

My New Years Eve resolution is to be happy 🙂

mikey3
    Free Member

Mines is the predictable to give up smoking one and to stop focusing on a woman who clearly does’nt want me(that might be the harder of the two!!!)

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

new year resolutions are just rubbish, if you want to change something in your life, then why wait, start it today and stop faffing. 😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Eat Less, Move More!

Think that should cover it for me!

nbt

MSP

Not new years resolutions as such, just aims for the year.

Stick with the German lessons, I have been here long enough now to speak the language far better than I do, it’s become a bit of an embarrassment.

Enter more events, I want to lose weight, drink less etc etc. But I think that the best way to do that for myself is to have targets that aren’t too far away, or too big, From spring I hope to have something sporty on nearly every other weekend, whether that be a local 10k run, or an Olympic Triathlon or MTB marathon.

pingu66
    Free Member

All good nad I agree that that you don’t need to wait to make changes but New Year is a time to reflect on yourself and a great time to set personal goals. I’m in with the losing weight, stopping smoking and eating better healthier and riding more which I will do.

To those who have lost people like missnotax don’t forget those we have lost I have een there but I agree you should hope for a happier year.

Rusty Mac good luck with the new arrival and your New Years resolutions, I’m sure you will have testing times! 🙂

Stats MTFU!

ti_pin_man if i started my New Years resolutions today I would feel guilty eating my Christmas dinner and drinking to excess! I am afraid mast will have to wait that extra week but a few I can start today like spending more time with family and friends.

Although the thread is early I hope everyone has a fantastic 2013 full of happiness, new arrivals for Rusty Mac, lots of ladies for stats and pleanty of good riding and good riding weather for us all. pray the rain stops soon and we have a summer.

trickydisco
    Free Member

* Do some bike bivvying
    * More point to point rides
    * more mountain biking (did a lot of road riding/racing this year)
    * Pick up my guitar again and get learning

and for inspiration : microadventures

ourmaninthenorth

Big stuff: More fitness. Less weight. New job.

Small stuff: Progress work to house. Listen to lots of new music. Sleep more.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Be more patient and understanding when i am tired.

I like this one, might modify it to just being more patient

– Eat more fruit
    – Take more time off
    – Get out on mtb more

From the last couple years of making resolutions I’ve realised how goals oriented I am and that everything needs a target. Maybe I should address that next year 🙂

mightymule
    Free Member

Try to forget 2012!

Having lost half of our pets this year – one of whom had been with me for 25 years – I’m just hoping we get through 2013 without losing any more.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Less boring training miles

More Club Rides

More Bike Bivi rides

yunki
    Free Member

mine will be to spend less time taking an interest in the forum..

Rusty Mac.. I felt exactly the same as you before my first was born.. it will be testing, but I was surprised at how much Dadliness I had in reserve that I didn’t even know was there.. (I read somewhere that it’s hormonal)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey, best start a list.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I could have written your post myself Pingu!

Alex

It’s nonsense tho. When I commuted by train, the carriage would be full of bean sprouts and pulses from Jan 1 accompanied by the grim faces of the NYR condemned. Come feb, we’d be back to the happy fug of ginsters pasties and cans of stella.

I’m sure it works for some people but starting something difficult when it’s dark and miserable is a big ask. Resolutions are fine things but disappointment and self loathing aren’t.

But good luck anyway 😉

mightymule
    Free Member

What if disappointment and self loathing are your New Year resolutions?

grantway
    Free Member

Not yet ! there is a couple of days to go ????

Alex

What if disappointment and self loathing are your New Year resolutions?

more of a lifestyle statement 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

easy one, “Carry On”

Im living the dream.

djglover
    Free Member

to stop **** in the garden

Pieface

Take more care of my body better. Drink less booze. Work smarter. Buy a bigger house. Be a good dad and husband. Take part in the English FRA championships

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘New Years Resolutions’ is closed to new replies.