Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Year's Eve First Time Experience
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Mum’s out so I’m home looking after my two boys and my father who has quite severe dementia now. Nothing was supposed to happen; it was supposed to be just sitting in watching crap TV. I took my eye off him for one moment to sort my two boys out and in the blink of an eye he’s taken himself off to the toiled for a number two.

Now I’ve got two young boys and have been through the whole gamut of cleaning up various bodily excretia but nothing quite prepares you for the first time you have to wipe your own father’s backside.

😯

mandog

Been there. Done that. Rather do babies any day.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Been there. Done that. Rather do babies any day.

Does it get easier?

Bregante

Sadly not geetee. My mum has been in a care home for the last year and doesn’t know who any of us are any more but prior to that I’ve been there and done that too.

You have my sympathies. It’s an absolutely dreadful condition and watching my dad sitting with her each day as she gradually slips further and further away is frankly tortuous.

mandog

As Bregante said, it didn’t get easier. He’s long gone now, good rest his soul.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Did it with my Dad when he was a victim of Parkinsons & could hardly walk or hold his poo in.
    Funny in a way cos I’d say to him while I’m wiping his bum, ‘go on, admit it, your’e just getting your own back for all those nappy changes you did on me’, & he’d say, ‘oh aye, what goes around, comes around’, with a grin!

I’m always cleaning shit up, lately It’s been Mrs EGF’s colostomy that I help with!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Year's Eve First Time Experience’ is closed to new replies.