• This topic has 96 replies, 80 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by 10.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • New Year's Eve – anyone else CBA?
  • mightymule
    Free Member

Anyone else got that CBA feeling about tomorrow night?

I’ll be going out, as the OH has a gig, but to be honest, given the choice I’d much prefer to stay in with a nice bottle of wine and my nice sofa.

Jamie
    Free Member

The decision on what to do this year has been taken out of my hands.

Probably would have been a CBA, if I didn’t have current issues.

yossarian
    Free Member

I cannot be bothered to pay for a ticket to go into a pub, which seems to be the standard around here. We’re off round to friends with our kids and about 10 other families for a knees up during the day. Then on NYD we’ll have our annual bonfire and BBQ on the beach.

Kip

80’s themed food night at our place, Toddler Kip hopefully fast asleep upstairs as we catch up with old friends and eat cheese fondue, steak frites with peppercorn sauce and finish with black forest gateaux!

Living the dream, boys, living the dream!!!

Bregante

Working 🙄

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Think we are staying in as well, really can’t work up the enthusiasm for it for some reason.

saladdodger
    Free Member

chilling with the wife 😀

niether of us CBA

midlifecrashes

8-12 good friends and neighbours round at ours, everyone brings a plate. Should be nice and relaxed, but still doing new years.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Meh. Round to a mates for some plonk with him and his Mrs, wander round the beach at the bells and try for a few snogs, then see what the night brings*

It’s best when it’s low key and no pressure.

*98% chance of going back to mine, alone, as usual.

DezB
    Free Member

Definite can’t be arsed here.

Would quite like to be watching the Big Fat Quiz of the Year, but that’s rather annoyingly on now.

warton
    Free Member

Will be having a curry with my wife, while warton junior is in bed.get up early and go for a run.

parkesie
    Free Member

Trying to convince the wife that we should go for a short night ride onto the plain. Cba with the big party get drunk thing.

john_drummer
    Free Member

definite CBA here too. Mrs_D seems to want to make an evening of it, which will probably end up spent watching River Cottage all night. Really really CBA. I’d hit the sack around 9.30pm given the chance

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Supposed to be meeting neighbours outside come midnight to pop some corks just going along because Mrs FH and kids want to, so filling my hip flask in readiness.

darrell
    Free Member

stay at home with the 7 1/2 month pregnant wife and eat some nice food and chat and stuff

nought else really

its enough

DezB
    Free Member

Round to a mates for some plonk with him and his Mrs

Yeah, it’s an awkward one – who do you ask, the mate or his wife?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s an awkward one – who do you ask, the mate or his wife?

Just turn the lights off and let nature take it’s course.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

With friends . Drinks eats games very bad music jam and chat

chrismac

Cba rather go to bed and enjoy a good ride in the peaks with my other half on nyd

Woody
    Free Member

CBA as GF is working, so it’ll just be me and the 2 dogs.

I also seem to have developed a very low tolerance of drunks and the ‘once a year’ crowd in pubs does my head in. Bah humbug 😡

DezB
    Free Member

Just turn the lights off and let nature take it’s course

How much wine for the courage to touch the light switch in another man’s house?

grahamt1980

CBA, however we are combining it with a housewarming and engagement party so it will be fun.
    Going to be some climbing and lots of drinking involved.

tazzymtb

may just take the bike a bivi bag and bottle of strong drink into the hills and bloody ignore people being dicks….I hate enforced jollity for the sake of tradition.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’m going to swing some metal sticks at white balls for the first time in 1yr and 3 days at lunchtime then got six adults and 4 kids back at ours for beer/wine, pizza, midnight chilli, twister, music and hopefully a right good laugh! I’m 37, **** queuing up and paying to get in pretty average pubs!’

druidh
    Free Member

We’ll be across at the neighbours celebrating with friends as usual. A few drinks will be consumed, some party food, some music – usual stuff. We’ll chat about what we’ve been up to and what we’re planning for 2013. It’ll not be wild, rowdy or drunken but we’ll have a good time.

alpin
    Free Member

What involves metal sticks and white balls?

Usually CBA, but this year we have friends coming to our new place. People we don’t see very often and whose company I actually enjoy. Oh, and we’ve got lots of alcohol and drugs. Should be a laugh for once…

Sue_W
    Free Member

Looking forward to it – sorry!

Decided years ago that I didn’t enjoy the ‘standard’ NYE celebration, so now a group of us get together for a ‘bring and share’ dinner and drinks, then about 10.30ish pull on lots of warm waterproof clothes and head off up our local mountain. Get to the top for about 11.30, snuggle down in the rocks and heather, pass round the mulled wine and champagne, and watch the fireworks going off across the sea and in the valleys.

Absolutely fantastic way to see in the New Year 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

On night shift

mightymule
    Free Member

One thing’s for sure, if anyone expects me to pay to go to see my own fiance, there’s going to be trouble!

passtherizla
    Free Member

Hogmanay and I’m in scotland… but yeah still CBA.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I don’t do Christmas, New Years or even my own birthday. They’re all arbitrary dates.

Time with mates. Time with family. It’s all ace.

But perhaps the best times are those that pre not pre-ordained.

I’ll be spending tomorrow night with loved ones. But hat isn’t because the year is at an end.

Don’t want to get all existential on you – but life is what you make of if, not what society has prescribed.

pete68
    Free Member

pub early for a coupke. home for a nice meal, probably bed by 10. Alpin, guessing golf is he game with metal sticks and white balls.

somafunk

At this precise moment i can’t be arsed in the slightest if i’m being perfectly honest, got one invitation to a mates country house party which will involve drinking champagne, playing pool, midnight glow in the dark clay pigeon shoots, good music, lots of decent folk & good company, good c’hing/mdma, but a very-very late night/early morning type of finish so i would not see bed before 8am, already had a cracking boxing day party wi them and i felt ill for a day afterwards so i’m hesitant to go for New Year as with all good intentions i will succumb to kicking the arse out of it again and i do not wish to start my New Year feeling like that.

Another invite to a mates pub in my town (very nice pub) but that’ll be mobbed wi drunk folk and it’ll be jam packed so i’m not keen on that idea.

To be honest i kinda want to take off into the galloway hills for a midnight hill ride like i used to do a few years ago, ring in the new year on top of a hill wi a hip-flask and sit down for a few minutes as i let my head n’ brain process what i want out of the coming year – trouble wi this plan is the fact that the weather forecast does not look promising and spending New Year 2000ft up a hill as it blows a freezing and windswept wet hoolie around me does not seem conducive to a Good New Year…….i dunno what i’m doing as usual?, if i had avoided kicking the arse out of it on Boxing day/night i’d be right up for the party but i’m unsure?, i’d like to think i could go and stay respectable but i know that is not an option, not when it’s laid it in front of me anyway.

I’ll guess i’ll decide at the last minute as usual, i do know i’m going round to my folks for New Years day dinner so that may play a part in my decision making process.

Have a good one folks,

banks
    Free Member

Cba so took the grenade – working day & night then next morning shift. Bargaining points for mid-week uplifts!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

A massive CBA here.
    Can’t really see the point of the whole enforced joviality thing, it’s just another day as far as I’m concerned!

trout
    Free Member

CBA here too wife hates the (Auld Lang Syne song ) and the dog hates the fireworks .

organic355
    Free Member

even Jools lineup looks poor tonight, looks like I will be watching Jackie Bird and the proclaimers then!

z1ppy

CBA with pub/club & taxi combo costing a fortune, having a meal @ a friends & getting socially (not stupidly) drunk

philconsequence
    Free Member

meh, quiet night in after long dog walk… might have some take-away, might even break out mariokart on the wii… who knows, we are young and hell bent on causing mayhem.

Dancake
    Free Member

Cannot be arsed..but have to play the game .Will be sat around with 6 other people who really CBA either. (family). I wonder how many smartphones will be getting clicked simutaniously while everyone sits in silence?

At some point everybody will link hands and fail to sing the words to “Auld lang syne” This bit really turns my stomach

I met someone once who has a partner with similar interests and they ride the Malverns on new years eve, I envy him

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘New Year's Eve – anyone else CBA?’ is closed to new replies.