Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New xtr rear hub, anyone using one? Vs 240
  • DT78
    Free Member

Are you happy with it? Other option is a 240, but costs more

mattyfez

340 or a hope option would be better value IMO.

Is XTR still cup and cone as opposed to cartridge bearings?

scotroutes

I’m using XT hubs and can’t fault them. I have an older set of XTR hubs (M970)  on my Amazon and thats managed 10 years with  two interim greasings. They still run like new.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DT78
    Free Member

Dunno if they are cup and cone, these will be for a nice set of wheels, upgrading from a current dt350, which is fine if a bit portly

mattyfez

Dunno if they are cup and cone, these will be for a nice set of wheels, upgrading from a current dt350, which is fine if a bit portly

I’d go for the 240 then, if funds allow.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Did Shimano ever get sylence freehubs sorted?

If so, go with those. Having used some Onyx hubs, silence really is golden.

sillyoldman

240s

joebristol

The 350 isn’t that heavy tbh – the 240 is essentially the same hub but with more material machined away to make it lighter I think.

I wouldn’t buy shimano hubs except for a budget qr/135mm type build personally. The Dt 240 would be way higher on my list.

Hope / dt350 are both a similar weight and quality.

joebristol

f so, go with those. Having used some Onyx hubs, silence really is golden.

I used to think this, but now I like louder hubs for some reason.
    Got Hunt (really loud), Hope (pretty loud) and a DT370 – which is still reasonably loud.

argee

I’d stick with the 350s, i have 2 x 240s and 1 x 350s and can’t tell the difference, 350s are very underrated when put up against 240s, but the additional weight isn’t noticeable and they are the same bar that.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

with regard to 350 vs 240  350 are Taiwanese made with  regular steel bearings, unlike 240s (stainless)  and less options for future proofing axle standards

Weight difference is minimal but comes from machining done at DT Swiss in Europe hence the cost.

Please my 240s arouse me everytime I look at them 😃

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New xtr rear hub, anyone using one? Vs 240’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts