Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • New Workshop: Mancave Content!
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

After a long time of waiting my new Mancave is finally complete. All it needs now is a gradual progression into a workshop with a workbench, vice, shelves, tools, etc.

I’ll be building my first bike in here at some point….

Here’s a sneak peak of inside and out:

creamegg
    Free Member

Has it any electrical sockets?

fenred
    Free Member

That looks shite and I’m not jel’ at all…nope, not one little bit 😉

mogrim

Nice 748, but HTF did you park it like that???

Bregante

Was the bike there already and you just built round it?

RustyMac

Looks nice but,
    Is there any powers in there?
    The roof looks very shallow for tiles. No building expert and it may be the angle of the picture but that looks very shallow.

Bike looks purdy though.

rickmeister

Is that bike parked on carpet ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looks good on the outside, but has an organ donation unit on the inside…

theblackmount
    Free Member

What’s stopping water ingress where the roof tiles abut the gable of the house?

robhughes
    Free Member

That roofs going to pee in unless you have a rubber full membrane underneath it.
    Should have used marley wessex low pitch tiles.. 😉
    On the other hand. i bet there just decorative.
    Love the 748 though..

jonnyrockymountain

Yeah I’m concerned too about the roof??
    Very shallow pitch?
    No leaded joint upto house?
    No sockets?
    Sorry mate do try better next time?

federalski
    Free Member

It’s cheating putting a motorbike in your turbo.

matt_outandabout

Its a metal roof is it not?

benmotogp46
    Free Member

There’s certainly some harsh critics on here!

There are four double electrical sockets, two on the left where the main workbench will be, one on the back wall for the 748’s battery optimiser and one on the right wall for general use.

The room is carpeted and the bike took 5 minutes to manoeuvre into place (back and forth many times)!

The roof has lightweight tiles which are sealed well against the house, very unlikely water will come in.
    Lead was considered however there’s a good chance it may get pinched so I’ve gone for the damage limitation option. I can always put lead or flashing up at a later stage if there’s issues.
    The pitch of the roof appears shallow but is well within its limits for good water flow.
    I’ve tried to get the maximum height as possible for the outside wall to allow for room.

As a new dad I’m not really using the bike on the road at the moment and am put off by more and more fatal accidents happening. It’ll probably just be used on track days in the future but the belts will need doing first.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

The tiles are made of galvanised steel which are covered in weatherproof granules.
    Often used on Mc’ds drive-throughs, Morrisons, mobile homes, etc.

Very light weight and will last as long as the structure remains standing.

matt_outandabout

^ I like steel / metal roofs.

geoffj

It’s cheating putting a motorbike in your turbo.

😆

nuke

Looks good. Our house could do with something similar…was it a local builder or a national company?

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I built it myself with a hand from the old man.

qwerty
    Free Member

Where is the wood burner?

benmotogp46
    Free Member

No open fires allowed! I might get a rad.

nuke

I built it myself with a hand from the old man

Shame for me but good work! 😀

dibboid
    Free Member

It looks fab. … But is that flu too close to a obstruction. I’m not a plumber but have limited knowledge in this field. Just thought I’d mention it add carbon monoxide is quite serious. Might be worth getting a boiler service and asking. Not trying to be a critic, it’s just where kids and lives are concerned. Hth. Maybe there’s a plumber/corgi/gas safe person on here to advise.

deano8
    Free Member

Looks great, I have similar interlocking tiles on my loft dormer, architect suggested it on a shallow pitch as it was lightweight and will last forever.

munrobiker
    Free Member

What you want in there is a train set. Running round the three walls. Then put the bikes in the middle.

griptool
    Free Member

Flue is a bit close,,,,,,6 inches of snow and you’ll have a problem. Not much to be done about it tho.

Keep a sweater and a shovel handy lol

It would be classified as ‘not to current standard’

Nice shed tho

papamountain
    Free Member

Flue should be 300mm from that roof. Check here – Flue distances I think “I” from the chart.

As mentioned i would watch out for snow in winter. Looks great though, wish I had a man cave 🙁

boxfish
    Free Member

I have an awesome mancave and I approve. That is all. 😉

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Nice cave I moved on from mine and now rent a massive workshop so I could fit all my crap and my bikes into a well planned heated warm dry cave. got full facility’s and now fitting a shower as well I call it man cave V2.1 😆

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Finally made use of the wall space at last!

[URL=http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/benmotogp46/media/image_zps2f35637e.jpg.html][/URL]

….and a bit of storage too.

[URL=http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/benmotogp46/media/image_zpsfe7e058a.jpg.html][/URL]

Now just a workbench and vice to go….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice.(and looking well huge compared to how I thought it was in the first pic in the thread.)

emac65
    Free Member

You have a special shelf just for GT85 !
    Impressive 😀

Nick

Like it

66deg
    Free Member

Have you seen the film Sleeping with the enemy.

Haze

Nice, would love to do something similar with my damp-ridden garage…

core

Did you get building regs?

mikey74
    Free Member

Nice. The flue is an easy fix as you can always put an extension piece on it to take it higher.

AlexSimon

Looks massive in the latest pics.
    Very nice work!

mccett
    Free Member

Very nice. And very neat! Show us a pic in a years time when its had some use! With 6 bikes, 1 motorbike and 25 years worth of accumulated tools, mine tends to look like I’ve rolled it.

rickon
    Free Member

Do the rear wheels really need to come off? I’d rather not have to dismantle the bike to store it, unless you don’t have a van and have to dismantle them to go riding?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘New Workshop: Mancave Content!’ is closed to new replies.