Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • New Wheels – Wider, Lighter, Stronger?
  • andyl46
    Free Member

I paid very little import duty and tax on my light bicycle 29er wheels as they marked the value down on the import docket. Be prepared for them to take about 4 days to get here from China, then three weeks to clear customs…

Great wheels, wish I’d bought rims and DT Swiss 240s instead of the novatec hubs, they have been faultless but a little heavy for such great light rims. Oh, and my wheel builder who checked the build said they were very easy to build with.

proutster
    Free Member

Well, I stopped faffing about and ordered the full wheels from LB today. They’ve said they’ll mark the value down to (hopefully) minimise the taxes, but let’s see what happens. With PayPal’s exchange rate it’s worked out at just under £579 delivered.

Unfortunately because they’ve got to wait for the 40t Pro IIs to arrive it looks like I’m going to have to wait until after the Chinese New Year before they’re sent – so they should arrive in about 4 weeks. I’ll post up again when the arrive.

pedlad

Infidel thread resurrection !

I’m interested in possibly ordering these rims LB then getting a wheel builder to lace them to my existing hope hubs. I’m reasonably local to Bewdley so the idea of getting someone experienced with these carbon rims appeals.

Can I be cheeky and ask How much did they charge ? Or did they do them on the basis you had your hubs from them?

Much appreciated
    Ps how are they running 5 months in ?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘New Wheels – Wider, Lighter, Stronger?’ is closed to new replies.