Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New wheels, any good deals or ideas ?
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Looking for a set of wheels for my 456 carbon, just built. Not a destroyer of bits and had a great life out of a pair of Crossmax wheels in the past, so the Mavics are definately an option. Would people recommend the crossmax / or crosstrail for this bike or any other options I should consider? cheers

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Obviously Hope Hoops with Stans rims, about £300 I think.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Not a Hope fan, unless they are the XC hubs. Found them quite arrogant also to help with continual issues I have had with their kit, so will not buy them ever again. Thinking of the Crossmax wheels, but there are differing types to choose. But theres FSA’s , cranks bros ( although their headset lasted 3 weeks before destruction) etc etc also on the market too.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

crosstrails get good reviews and look very nice! i dunno if the crossmax’s are worth the extra ££ though, they are quite a bit more expensive that the CT’s aren’t they?

foxyrider
    Free Member

On-One have Fulcrums going cheap – I got the Red Metals 1’s and apart from spares (bought some after market spokes just in case) very happy and look blooming strong 🙂 Hubs are supposed to be pretty sound like Mavic hubs 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New wheels, any good deals or ideas ?’ is closed to new replies.