Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • new wheels
  • pickle
    Free Member

I’ve got about £250 to spend on some new wheels. I can either go for….

A custom set of superstar wheels with blue switch lite hubs and Mavic rims

Or just go for a new Hope rear wheel and just keep my current front which is very light Hugi/Mavic wheel

what would you do?

poah
    Free Member

what bike and trails do you ride.

pickle
    Free Member

HT and XC

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Hope rear.

poah
    Free Member

what size of wheel?

honourablegeorge

Blue hubs – ugh
    Superstar hubs – broken freeweels
    Mavic rims – narrow/heavy

Hope all the way

pickle
    Free Member

26″ wheel size

muzza80
    Free Member

Keep an eye on eBay, I just picked up a brand new set of Hope Enduro / Pro 2 Evo wheels for £255!

Tracey

Have a look at the Alex Voltar/Chosen that Merlin are selling. For build quality, weight and price its hard to look past them.

wheelie

Tracey, i guess the Alex Voltar/Chosen wheels must have pretty solid hubs as the rims don’t seem particularly heavy?. I was thinking of getting a set for xc/trail duties. They look to be good value for money.

Tracey

Some one who rides with us had a set on his old bike, whished he had saved them. He rode Enduro last year and spent quite a bit of time in Wharncliffe on the downhills. They were as true when he sold the bike as when he bought them. Chosen make hubs for alot of other brands and they looked alot like the Stans ones I have seen. Think they were about 1900g for the pair.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Those do look good! Same price as secondhand flow ex on pro ii evos. Anywhere got the rear in stock for Merlin’s price?

pickle
    Free Member

Just ordered a rear wheels from Merlin at £99.

Thanks for the advice 🙂

dogthomson

I have some On-One branded Chosen hubs on my Singlespeed and they’re great.

pickle
    Free Member

My word! my rear wheel arrived today and I thought the box was empty it’s so light! looks real nice as well, I’ll see how it performs at the weekend but on initial impressions I don’t know how they do it for the money.

huge thanks for the heads up guys 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘new wheels’ is closed to new replies.