New wheels.

Home Forum Bike Forum New wheels.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New wheels.
  • Hope hoops with an Arch EX rm sounds about perfect

Get over to Wiggle, the code 40-SAVE will get you £40 off a set.

So, I currently have a set of QR Mavic Crossrides on my Commencal Meta5. I want to change these, they flex like a bitch, and lean under cornering…. but that’s probably because they are an XC race orientated wheelset.

I have already decided that I want a Hope Pro 2 hub, and have a budget of around £300 ish, but could probably push on £350. I am mainly based in the plymouth area, so I spend a lot of time on dartmoore while at Uni, but when I head back home I’m in the mendips. I would also like to start hitting more trail centres after visiting Afan over the summer. So, what rim?

I’m not too sure if I need an XC rim or a AM/trail rim really, but I don’t want to be in a situation where I feel it needs changing in six months down the line. I’m pretty light for some that’s over 6′, around 11 stone. I also intend to run my high rollers with a tubeless conversion on them.

So, what rim would you recommend?

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Get Hope Hoops with Flow rims, wider profile makes for more round tyre profile. Marginal weight gain over Arch.

matther01

Try activesport.co.uk for Hope Pro 2 with ZTR Flows £285.99

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Flow isn’t much heavier than the Arch Ex but tbh if you’re on the XC/AM divide then that’s exactly what an Arch Ex is for. It’ll give you a fair bit of room to maneuvre too- you’d probably be alright on Crests tbh so this is a step up.

(for comparison, my Flows did 2 years on the 6 inch bike, used every week plus trips to france, endurance and downhill racing, then got “retired” onto the downhill bike, and have done a few uplifts, an SDA round, and the fort william endurance downhill race. They are a bit sturdy. And that’s the old Flow not the new stronger Ex.)

Kbrembo

Just picked up a new set of Pro2 Evo on new Flow EX rims from LBS……

All Fresh Hope wheels with Flow rims are coming with the Flow EX which is stronger and has a wider profile than the old Flow…

Sweet, thanks everyone! Sounds like the Arch EX is the answer. I really appreciate your help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New wheels.’ is closed to new replies.