New wheel time

Home Forum Bike Forum New wheel time

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New wheel time
  • willber

I’m looking for some new wheels for AM bike. 15 some riding weight, mainly peaks and the odd trip to the Alps. Was gonna get Hope Pro 2 evos on flow ex rims, but before I do was just wondering if people have any other recommendations. ….

creamegg

New hope rims in a few weeks?

willber

Eh? Are hope bringing out a newer version?

razorrazoo

I’ve just built a set of spank oozy rims onto my Pro 2s, considered stans but wanted something different. First impressions are good, went tubeless and had no problems getting tyres (Hans Dampfs) on and up with a track pump, they have a bead lock system, lighter than flows but a bit narrower. Yet to ride them but did a fair bit of research and reviews are good.

Premier Icon tmb467
    Subscriber

I’m also looking – but not bought yet

Didn’t want Hope hubs (prefer something a bit quieter) so I’ve provisionally decided on DT Swiss 350 hubs. Now trying to decide on rims. Arch EX or Flow EX if I go Stans route. WTB i23 or Mavic EN821 if I go UST

Hopefully buying in a few weeks unless something silly comes up around the £350 mark in the classifieds in the meantime

robgclarkson

Mavic Crossmax SX? As is the normal way of things, I’m recommending what I’ve got, but they’re a very good wheel… I upgraded from Mavic XM719s on Pro 2 Evo hubs and haven’t looked back*

*i have a sore neck (oh, the comedy)

andyl

new hope hubs are quieter. Are they out yet?

Premier Icon tmb467
    Subscriber

I believe so…not heard em yet but moonglu are apparently building on em

creamegg

quiet hope hubs are just wrong!

vermillion

I have the same dilemma.Just built a 456 ti and am looking for some light but strong wheels to replace the narrow superstars that I have at the moment.Was recently offered some used Stans flow on Ibis(novatec)hubs or some Mavic 819 on hope pro 2 . Can’t decide . Can’t afford a new set either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New wheel time’ is closed to new replies.