Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Watch…..ish
  • bearnecessities

Ok, it’s over 40 years old.

For those of you that may remember, I got all excited about buying an Omega for personal reasons a few months back. Nice thing it was, but problem was it cost me so much I was constantly crapping myself whenever I wore it that I’d scratch it, lose it or such like. I didn’t actually enjoy wearing it. It also was just a bit, well, ‘chunky’.

So I moved it on.

..and began hunting for something slimmer, more traditional and a bit more within budget for someone of my means.

After many months hunting, today I bought this. All paperwork and original purchase receipt from 1970. It’s everything I love in a watch, it’s discrete, a bit of a looker, reminds me of my Dad’s watch, and added benefit cost me a fraction of my first purchase. I don’t like the strap much, so will be swapping that out for something else, but I am very, very happy.

No showing off this time, just a beautiful timepiece to share. Well, I think so!

PiknMix
    Free Member

I like that rather a lot

bearnecessities

Thanks, me too. I wish they’d return back to this style.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s lovely! Must get round to taking a proper pic of my old watch, from ’36. Similar, simple, clean style.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Ye very nice, I like those a lot, and looks like you’ve got your hands on a beaut.

johnhe

That’s fabulous.

tron
    Free Member

That’s a very nice watch. Is it an auto or a hand wind?

If I ever find myself in possession of a wedge of cash to spend on a watch, I’ll be looking for an old Omega. In the meantime, I’ve picked up a 1960s Poljot.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Nice. My Dad’s got one from the mid 60s just like that. 50 years old, never serviced, and running (almost) to time.

bearnecessities

It’s a hand wind, which I kind of like.

CountZero

Just got this one serviced and running properly:

Rather different style, but I tend to prefer sports watches; Yema Rallygraf, c.1973/4, not worn since around 1983, the movement is a 7730, also used by Raymond Weil, and Breitling, around that period. It’s remembering to wind the damned thing up that’s the problem, having become used to quartz and auto watches over the last thirty years!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Pretty!
    I bought a similar ladies geneve from 1960 recently as a 70th birthday present for my mum, she lives it and now it’s had a bit of attention it keeps time well. Last time we spoke watches iirc you commented on my 1959 Seamaster…..can I claim to have influenced your purchase?

Who’s thread was that?..,. The Ebel service cost one? I’m spending my time on an MTB forum talking watches…hmmm

Which reminds me…. Need to go ask my jeweller about the 1950 Longine in his window

Enough about me. Enjoy that watch, pretty pretty 🙂

bearnecessities

Neil, your Seamaster was lovely but it was and always will be, the nostalgic personal reasons for buying a classic.

One day, the ‘fashion’ will return to this style 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Watch…..ish’ is closed to new replies.