Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • NEW(ish) Wahoo Kickr turbo…
  • Poopscoop

Anyone going to take a punt, £999 same as old one?

Looks more an incremental update which is probably just as well as all the manufacturers have not had a very good couple of years, on the whole, with their new designs.

These seem to be the improvements:

Removable/adjustable feet pads to allow you to dial in some “rock” to the turbo. Upto 5 degrees I think. Still a world away from an actual rocket plate I would think though?

+- 1% Accuracy.

No calibration needed.

Anyone going to beta test the new Kickr?…

https://uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-trainers/kickr/buy

robowns
    Free Member

No reason to buy over a Core IMO unless you’re a pro/semi pro.

mossimus
    Free Member

Core doesn’t have foldable legs or handle which makes it a PITA to store/move if you don’t have a permanent setup.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’m probably going to purchase one today. I’ve currently got a Tacx Flow which is a budget trainer that I bought to try the whole turbo thing out. These are currently selling used on eBay for more than what I paid new which is bizarre!

mashr

I’ve had both the KICKR (2018) and Core – would really struggle to tell the difference in a blind test. The only thing i’ve really noticed is that the KICKR Spindown takes longer because of the bigger flywheel, not noticed any difference during workouts but I’m not a Zwift user so not sure if it would make any difference there (seems unlikely)

momo

I might be trying one shortly, my Kickr 18 has just developed the knock, had an email from wahoo support this morning to arrange an exchange.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

not having to calibrate is the best new feature, just get on and ride

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘NEW(ish) Wahoo Kickr turbo…’ is closed to new replies.