Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • new very bright cheap light
  • joemarshall
    Free Member

Just got me one of these.

Cheap torch with new something like 30% more efficient led:

http://budgetlightforum.cz.cc/node/1010

Roughly the same size as my MTE p7 torch, the light is all coming from a single led, rather than four on a single chip, so no funny beam patterns.

Oh and it is jolly bright – my 5 mode p7 torch on high is roughly equal to medium on the new one.

It has three sensible modes and two junk modes, in a sensible order ( high, med, low, flash, SOS), which is perfectly usable.

Measured the modes, and it seems like

High – 2.5 amps
    Med – 1 amp
    Low – 0.1 amp

Meaning roughly an hour on high, 2.5 hours on med, with low as a get you home (bright enough to ride at slowish speeds just). High really is stonking bright, sort of thing I’d only use on fast downhills.

The cost – 18 quid delivered.
    Delivery very slow though (3 weeks).

Joe

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

where did you get it from?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

also has it a better spot/throw than the p7?

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Make that 2, PMed a mate and he wanted one aswell

joemarshall
    Free Member

I bought it from the kai domain link on that thread I linked.

Not sure what about spot / throw – compared to mine it looks way brighter in every way – lights up the top of a big tree in my garden that the old one can’t reach.

It is a slightly wider / deeper head than the MTE p7 thing, which I think might make it go further?

It feels nice and solid, although I haven’t chucked it around yet, just need to get time to schedule a night ride now for the inevitable crash test.

Joe

Jammy111
    Free Member

any idea of the weight, thinking of buying one to stick on my helmet…

Northwind

I reckon I’ll have one of those then… <click> But if it’s rubbish you’re getting it.

joemarshall
    Free Member

I reckon I’ll have one of those then… <click> But if it’s rubbish you’re gettig it.

hey, we’re talking cheap Chinese torches here, never any guarantees as to whether you get a dud or not!

any idea of the weight, thinking of buying one to stick on my helmet…

Roughly the same as the p7 torch, which loads of us have used as a helmet mount. Hang on, kitchen scales say 192 grams with a battery in.

snaps
    Free Member

Delivery is surprisingly slow, I sent some forks to CZ last week by the cheapest method I could find & they were there in four days.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Delivery is surprisingly slow, I sent some forks to CZ last week by the cheapest method I could find & they were there in four days.

Posted (got tracking number) on 5th. Left Hong Kong 22nd, arrived 27th.

I imagine they post things using some kind of super cheap shipping service or something, where they only send a shipment once they get enough stuff going to that country.

DezB
    Free Member

Interesting – the P7 Spiderfire he links to is the one I got from DX before Xmas. It’s damn bright, I don’t use it on the bike, but he says this one is much better! It will be good then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘new very bright cheap light’ is closed to new replies.