Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New verenti bikes..
  • RealMan
    Free Member

They any good?

Thinking about either

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Verenti_Millook/5360048367/

or

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Verenti_Rhigos03/5360048370/

Are the frames any good? Or are they that rubbish carbon that's flexier and heavier the aluminium?

I want something that can handle all year round riding, with plenty of hills and the odd mountain, at around the £1000 mark.

mt
    Free Member

Wiggle bikes with an italian sounding name thats as close to Italian cycling as a tin of alphabetti spaghetti. Just another brand containered in from the east. Why not nip down to Decathlon or try on one?

The LBS could perhaps do you a good deal, mine did.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

The lugged construction looks very old fashioned now. May I suggest a Boardman Team if you want carbon at that price.

RealMan
    Free Member

Are lugs bad?

Merak

Ernesto Colnago doesn't seem to think so.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Are lugs bad?

Probably not but they're a left over from when carbon frames were constructed from tubes and not moulded like today. Maybe they're going for the retro look- personally I don't like it together with their hopeless attempt to give themselves credibility with an Italian sounding brand name.

RealMan
    Free Member

They were going to be called Kiron, but due to some middle east company or something they had to change it quick before the release.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Despite the above comments I'm sure they're fine bikes and you probably wouldn't go wrong if you bought one. But for that sort of money you've got lots to choose from that are maybe a bit more inspiring than these.

RealMan
    Free Member

Anyone riden one?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New verenti bikes..’ is closed to new replies.