Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New van time, something a little bigger?
  • miky2341

So it’s potentially new van time..

I currently have transit connect, which is kitted out with a bench seat / bed for 1 and a couple of mounts for carrying 2 bikes. I’m thinking I want something bigger for the next one and have been looking at the LWB Vivaro / Peugeot / Citreon or the LWB trafic / NV300 ? fiat version. The plan being to have a bed for 2 and more space to carry a bit more kit.

Anyone using one of the newer versions of either and enjoying it? I’m not interested (well, can’t afford) a VW or Transit Custom, so looking for opinions on the above

Cheers!

maccruiskeen

LWB Vivaro / Peugeot / Citreon

are you talking about the current models?

Dont own one but have driven them – before any other practical considerations  –  if you haven’t already, have a sit in the drivers seat. The older generations of the vans they replace had pretty roomy cabins but this new one is pretty cramped and odd – with a very low line to the top of the windscreen and an obtrusive bulge in the dash for the gear stick that intrudes on the driver’s leg room a fair bit (and requires middle seat passengers to have leg amputated.)

Personally I’d chose a late model of any of the vans they replace over the new one

miky2341

Yeah it would be a new model, or the new model Trafic type van

Clink

Myself and my wife looked at a newer Vivaro a few weeks ago – couldn’t believe how cramped the cab felt. We’re currently considering older sharp Vivaro/Traffic (I’d love the newest model Traffic to now, but we have a budget!) or a Berlingo/Partner/Combo to lug kit around in. Advantage of bigger van is we could sleep in it.

matt_outandabout

Mk8 transit?

miky2341

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-van-time-something-a-little-bigger#post-12370832

Ideally it needs to be below 2.1m high, so I can get it into car parks as required…

DickBarton

Can sleep in a Berlingo but depends on what kit you are also carrying.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Yeah it would be a new model, or the new model Trafic type van

If you can afford a new van, I’d spend the money on a used Transit Custom. Mine was faultless and the cabin space was bigger and far more useable than VW at least.

Olly
    Free Member

Mk8 transit?

Ive got a Mk8, and while its handsome, and a lovely drive (for a van) it does fall outside the size envelope. Transporters and Transit Customs are popular because, while they do fill parking spaces, or tickle car park barriers, they do fit.
    My L2H2 Transit hangs over all parking spaces at one end or another, and doesnt go in any car parks with barriers.

while its plenty quick enough with 180 bhp ish, its 2.2Tonnes on leaf springs and with a live axel, so handling isnt ever going to be sprightly.

Clink

Can sleep in a Berlingo but depends on what kit you are also carrying.

That’s the issue – potentially bikes and SUPs.

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I have a new Trafic Sport, its a great utility vehicle, no question. The Gearbox lacks finesse would be my only gripe.

miky2341

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-van-time-something-a-little-bigger/#post-12372585

I can’t say I’m enthralled with the engine or gearbox in my transit connect! As long as it drives nice, is comfy to be in and gives more space and room than the current van – I’d be happy!

miky2341

Had a sit and play around in a trafic today, loved it – can’t believe how much more space there felt in it compared to my transit connect.

Now to haggle a deal….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.