Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New tyre time- PLEASE HELP
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi all
    Ok I’m due for some new tyres on my cotic soul and as I’m pretty new to the game i would like some help in what to get. My ridding is very XC but I’m looking for something that will roll nice too without to much drag.Also I’m nor sure about the whole compound thing either. will be good to hear from you.
    Cheers

mboy
    Free Member

BIG can of worms! Just like a***holes, everybody has got an opinion over tyres!

Best thing you can do is tell us what you use at the moment, and what you do and don’t like about them. Also, where you ride (local trail types can make a big difference to recommendations), and your riding style will all help…

oldnpastit

Racing Ralphs, and set them up tubeless, work well for me. Light, fast rolling, reasonable grip unless it’s really muddy.

Unless you’re going somewhere like the Lakes with lots of sharp pointy rocks.

DickBarton

PlanetX have some deals on Continental tyres…

kilo

Just put one of these on the rear of my bike, set up tubeless and quite impressed so far Saguaros

shaungero
    Free Member

I have Spesh butcher front, purgatory grid rear – set up tubeless, They are great but as i have been told they are a winter tyre which are great in the mud. but the back especially is worn out now so due for some new stuff. my local riding is around ogden which is very rocky but i just spent the weekend in llandegla so I’m looking to do more of that stuff.

Keva
    Free Member

Ritchey Z-Max wcs prmonition. I’ve bought a couple of these and can recommend them. A good all rounder they perform well on a variety of terrains.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ritchey-z-max-wcs-premonition-tyre/rp-prod53813?gs=1&gclid=CMeD4pyrl8UCFa7KtAodeggAVg&gclsrc=aw.ds

cynic-al
    Free Member

Vertical pro/hans/dampf/nobby nic depending on what year it is.

Hope this sorts the desparate emergency.

keppoch

Right I was just about to ask about the same question on a rear tyre for the Dyfi. Everyone loves a good tyre thread, for what you are looking for I would recommend a 2.25 Crossmark. I find them a pretty good tyre. But what is the next tyre up the grip ladder?

Here is a stab at a scale, so controversial 🙂

Slick
    Kenda Small Block 8
    Geax Saguaro
    Geax Goma
    Maxxis Crossmark

Specialized Purgatory
    Specialized Ground Control

Maxxis Highroller

Maxxis Minion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New tyre time- PLEASE HELP’ is closed to new replies.