Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New type xt rear brake drama's HELP
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

HI everyone I am having proper trouble with my rear xt brake.

When I pull the lever the resistance increases as it should then all of a sudden it drops off and goes to the bar. I have bleed the brake using several different methods. I am pretty sure its air free.
    Anyone any ideas?????????????

I need these brakes for a week today for my alps trip no pressure! (see what I did there)

shortcut

Check for leaks – if there aren’t any leaks have a go at bleeding again. It is one of these two things – still no joy – get a shop to sort it.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

how much do you reckon a shop should charge to sort it?

Scapegoat

Hasn’t this proved to be lever/reservoir seals previously?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

right I have bleed again there is something wrong can you get new seals?

banks
    Free Member

Pop the wheel out give the lever a few squeezes so the pistons sit slightly more proud off the calipers than before, keep trying til the lever/brake feels sharp again

shortcut

Shimano don’t do spares for the brakes. New calliper!! Just try a bike shop to get it sorted soonest.

coatesy
    Free Member

If you’ve got no visible leaks, and no air in the system, it’ll be fluid getting past the primary seal in the master cylinder (the one that creates braking pressure).Take them straight back to the shop for warranty return to Madison, who are normally excellent with their warranty turnaround.

zelak999
    Free Member

Sounds the same as what happened to mine.
    It got returned to Madison under warranty and they replaced it (eventually).
    If you’re in a rush you might need to buy a replacement and get a refund when they decide its knackered.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

ye I am going to have a try at returning to Madison tomorrow.
    will they deal with me? I got these from Germany I think

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New type xt rear brake drama's HELP’ is closed to new replies.