Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New TV
  • batman11
    Free Member

So,tv is starting to go slowly but before it does want to get a new one.
    looking at Spending around £1200/£1500 max, 65 inch 4K of cause hdmi 2 Sockets if we can Dolby vision seems to be a thing now and the usual app stuff.
    Now the strange one I can’t seem to pin down answers wise,
    Bluetooth but to headphones that shuts the sound off the tv so my other half can work in the afternoons when I’ve finished my work.
    does anyone know about these things that I can’t seem to find on the www?

Plus any recommendations tv wise happy most makes seem to be on par with in reason Last couple of tv have been Samsung which I like but happy to try another brand.
    thanks guys.

tdog
    Free Member

How much!!!?

i managed to bag a half price brand new Panasonic 40″ 4K ultra HD for £344 delivered prior to xmas

proper decent too!

I can only imagine that you can slash your budget to half that and grab a similar deal!!

👍😎

Jolsa

LG OLED?

icic
    Free Member

The Samsung TV we have connects to Bluetooth headphones and disables the speakers on the TV. It is about 5 years old so I can imagine new Samsung TVs will be the same.

grum
    Free Member

Very happy with my Samsung QLED 65″ but most people think LG OLED is a bit better.

batman11
    Free Member

Handy to know thanks for the update on the Bluetooth mate appreciated.

batman11
    Free Member

I’ll have. Look through the AV site to cheers

FuzzyWuzzy

You won’t get a 65″ OLED in your budget so I’d agree with Grum and say a Samsung QLED is probably your best option. It’s probably only a couple of months until the 2021 ranges come in and the 2020 stuff is discounted though so might be worth waiting if you can.

batman11
    Free Member

Yeah I sort of was going that way fuzzy but it seems it’s bank holiday this week end and I’ve made some good extra cash today so might go and see what deal are about 😁

FuzzyWuzzy

This gets a good review by Which? (78% & Best Buy, reviewed at £1500) and is on sale:

https://www.johnlewis.com/lg-65nano906na-2020-led-hdr-nanocell-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-65-inch-with-freeview-hd-freesat-hd-dolby-atmos-dark-silver/p4929747?s_ppc=1dx43700053676936263&tmad=c&tmcampid=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI986n5aC56wIVCLrtCh2d8QDoEAAYAiAAEgJJYPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

or identical tech spec. but different stand at Currys:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-65nano916na-65-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-google-assistant-amazon-alexa-10205991-pdt.html

Which? verdict: Only OLEDs do better and even then, only just
    It has quality enough in spades. It’s fantastic across the board, with stunning sound and exceptional 4K picture quality

Pros
    Fantastic 4K picture
    Natural colours
    Great SD and HD picture
    Nice sound
    Easy to use

Cons
    Narrow viewing angle
    Missing several key catch-up apps

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New TV’ is closed to new replies.