Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New turntable £300ish – are Project/Rega the only real option?
  • the-muffin-man

As title.

Or are there others worth considering? Audio Techina LP5 one looks interesting.

Ta!

ourmaninthenorth

They’re popular for very good reason: they’re consistently very good..!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Love my project essential 2…..use it a lot and it’s been faultless.

slowoldman

Be sure to leave yourself enough cash for some nice vinyl

Berlin Phil Direct to Disc recordings

epicsteve
    Free Member

Asked the same question on a hi-fi forum recently as was planning to get a turntable for my son – and it looks like the Rega Planar 1 is still the best option.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

if you dig through my profile i’ve asked about rega a while back.

i personally would consider a used turntable, for that cash you can get a nice planar 3 or maybe a newer p3. if you need a cartridge then at at95e for 25quid is amazing value.

the planar is super easy to give a quick service if you need too and you will not lose money should you decide to sell or upgrade. i paid 150 for mine and i’ve been seeing similar age/condition ones go for 300-400 recently.

there is a rega turntable group on facebook that is quite helpful.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

I bought a P1 from Audio Republic in Leeds just before Xmas

http://audio-republic.co.uk/

And am very pleased with it, not least due to getting the upgrade pack included at £230

Not sure if he’ll have any left but it may be worth a call

redstripe
    Free Member

I like Technics 1210’s, had for donkey’s years and never goes wrong, just change cartridge every so often. I think they have been made again recently but no idea of cost now, but good used one should be obtainable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New turntable £300ish – are Project/Rega the only real option?’ is closed to new replies.