Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New Trek Checkpoint gravel bikes
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Anyone know where you can see some pics of them looks like there will be four 2 alloy and 2 carbon and can take up to 42c tyres that’s all I know.

rOcKeTdOg

Trek dealers have them on their B2B site. They look good,  similar prices to the Domane

johnnystorm

Yep, looks smart.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Integrated seat mast looks interesting.

Seems to be at the faster edge of the gravel spectrum from that picture. I like.

akira

Is it based on the Domane? Looks like might have wobbly seat tube.

rOcKeTdOg

Basically a fatter assed domane

akira

So it’s a gravel-sportif-adventure bike?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

But the Domane Gravel is already available?

tomhoward

It’s a solid ‘meh’ from me.

rOcKeTdOg

its got more bottle cage mounts and a top tube bag mount and adjustable dropouts. takes up to 45mm tyre, old domane took a 35mm Gravelking SK. colours are pretty boring

ladies bike is nice though

simondbarnes

I thought these were embargoed until the 1st March? Should Trek dealers be posting pictures / details?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheers all talking to LBS I think Trek got some stick over the gravel Domane last year so they have come up with a proper gravel bike will have look Tuesday at pics in Cheltenham Cycles still might get a Crockett frame and get it built up with 50/34/11 32 with disc brakes.

johnnystorm

Some more info and “real life” pics as opposed to catalogue shots here:

https://advntr.cc/2018/03/trek-checkpoint/

Bez

It’s not exactly pretty, is it?

corroded
    Free Member

Uglier than my Grade, which is saying something.

Great tyres though.

slowjo
    Free Member

I’d like to see a bit more seatpost tbh. It may not be the prettiest out there but it is streets ahead of the Giant Anyroad

It has to be one of the ugliest bikes since….well forever tbh!

Bez

Dunno, I prefer the Giant. It’s not so much ugly IMO as unconventional; a while back I contemplated having a custom road frame built along those lines to get maximum seatpost flex and space for mounting lights/packs etc.

STL

Pretty poor IMHO.

The ‘womens’ versions aren’t even all that small (not down into the same range as their road bikes). Not suitable for 650b either (from their website).

Glad that I didn’t wait on this arriving – very happy with my (non-WSD) Norco Search XR.

STL

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

As said above the colours of the womens bikes look better but the top alloy one looks good to me and pretty light with plenty of gears so will get one of them expect they will sell plenty of them worldwide not to many over here you don’t see people of cross/gravel bikes when you are out and about and get some funny looks of MTbikers when you are riding the same trails as them Hay Ho.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New Trek Checkpoint gravel bikes’ is closed to new replies.