Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • New Transition Spur
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have my detective hat on. I see stepcast forks, non-piggyback shock. 29er. Downcountry bike from transition announced tomorrow?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB_2PEmDS0J/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

richardkennerley

All country according to the teaser I saw.

submarined
    Free Member

I’d presumed this was a new Smuggler?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve been smuggling looks on transitions pinkbike photos 🙂

argee

Guessing this is similar to the YT Izzo, 130/120 style of bike, don’t think i’ll be trading in the patrol just yet!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

All country! Definitely not back or down country. Yeah, looks like something a bit sprightlier than their usual offerings. My Smuggler is great, but a pig for the travel.

rs
    Free Member

There’s a distinct lack of chainstay pivot on that thing.

pigyn
    Free Member

Downcountry is the future, the Stoke is high

poah
    Free Member

bike is running sids

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

yes one of them is, the other i think has a SC fox of some sort I think

baddddad
    Free Member

https://www.mtbmonster.com/transition-spur-axs-black-powder-2021/

Not sure those pics are accurate but gives the specs

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

nice, good work! reach is longer than a senditall in large. same head angle as smuggler, slightly longer wheelbase, longer chainstay.  120mm fork, all appear to be SIDs. partnership with oneup for bits.

baddddad
    Free Member

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

haha we’re at a world famous burrito truck where ebikers come to eat lunch

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

swoon it is gorgeous. I wonder if it can run a coil and I can put some 38s on it*

*joke

frogstomp

bike is running sids

At 120mm so should be the new 35mm stanchion versions? Looks nice!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yep, that’s nice

jam-bo

Looks like a great replacement for my bandit29. Shame I’m skint.

RicB

Want

Looks perfect for U.K. trail riding

My old 26” Bandit is the best bike I’ve ever owned. There’s something about Transition bikes that adds a bit of zip into the trail. Plus they tend to be suited to the U.K. (bearing shields, good tyre clearance etc) and backup from the company is good

Time to start saving I think!

Kryton57

Nice bike.   This whole “downcountry” thing though, wasn’t it all done before a few years ago, albeit with steeper HA?   I’m pretty sure the Trek EX was originally based on this concept.

Still, I’ve been thing for ages to stick a 120mm 34mm fork on my Spark RC, which would have it at 100/120mm and a 67.5 HA, probably quite good for Marathons and er, “downcountry”.

richmtb

Stunning

Shame I just bought a new bike

AlexSimon

Superbly executed new new bike.

joebristol

Looks really nice – a few times I’ve come close to buying a Transition and haven’t quite clicked the buy button (Patrol first, then a Scout).

Shred
    Free Member

Looks very good. I’m looking at new bikes to replace a TallBoy 2 for marathon and stage events. There 120mm bikes are what I am looking at, and there are so many options now.

I’ve never been keen on Fox, so this having Rockshox looks very good, although would like XT to bring costs down

bonni

Sorry, old-ish fart here. What does “downcountry” mean in old speak? XC-trail? Ta.

Lovely bike but its way out of my price range. I think I’d probably get a Whyte S-120 and pocket 1.5 to 2K if I wanted something similar in concept(?) (but not as fine looking).

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s nice, it’s the first Transition for a while that I would consider owning (if I didn’t already have an awesome 110/130 bike.

Sorry, old-ish fart here. What does “downcountry” mean in old speak? XC-trail?

Basically, yeah. It started as a joke by one of the Pinkbike writers, meaning XC bikes that had more progressive angles and 120mm forks. NOT the heavier short/mid travel trail bikes that it’s often applied to.

This should just scrape in to the category, IMO.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@chakaping its a bit more than that i think. It is lighter weight, usually shorter travel (especially rear) bikes built with a focus to enjoy the downs. So, with a dropper, wider bars,wider rims,  perhaps more aggressive tyre.

rhayter

It looks so… right. And on-trend (sorry, just a bit sick in my mouth when I typed that).

Makes the ‘new’ Yeti SB115 look a bit yesterday, even though the SB100 (which it’s based on) only came out in 2018.

Hope I don’t get my Yeti Fanboy card revoked.

5lab

I had an original transition preston back in 2005. 4″ travel, slacker angles, burlier build. How things (don’t) change

Transition Preston FR

Rockplough
    Free Member

I think I’d probably get a Whyte S-120 and pocket 1.5 to 2K if I wanted something similar in concept(?) (but not as fine looking).

If Transition’s weights are accurate this thing is a good 2kg or so lighter than my S-120 so I’m not sure they’re *quite* the same idea. ‘Tis a looker though.

hooli

Looks great but expensive.

chrismac

Looks stunning and well set up

ayjaydoubleyou

I like the lines, they seem to have got rid of the pregnant/middle aged belly look of some of their other frames.
    It seems downcountry is becoming a category rather than a joke now, so now in the flat bar world we have…

XC
    Downcountry
    Trail
    (has all mountain gone?)
    Enduro
    (SuperEnduro/Park)
    Downhill

chakaping
    Free Member

I think all-mountain is still a useful tag, but short-travel trail bike and long-travel trail bike may be more commonly used now.

Commencal also invented “mini-enduro” last week, which I quite like actaully.

chrismac

XC
    Downcountry
    Trail
    (has all mountain gone?)
    Enduro
    (SuperEnduro/Park)
    Downhill

I think we have

xc race

Trail Which this fits into

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>all mountain covering 140 to 160 travel do everything </span>

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>enduro race which are all the 160+ monsters that are largely aimed at ews racers, wanna be ews, or those who want a dh bike they can ride to the top</span>

dh race bike

Clearly there is considerable blurring at the boundaries

P20

Great looking bike, like the idea of the Downcountry category or whatever it’s called.

Tried a Scout a few years ago though and didn’t like it at all.

honourablegeorge

ayjaydoubleyou

I like the lines, they seem to have got rid of the pregnant/middle aged belly look of some of their other frames.
    It seems downcountry is becoming a category rather than a joke now, so now in the flat bar world we have…

XC
    Downcountry
    Trail
    (has all mountain gone?)
    Enduro
    (SuperEnduro/Park)
    Downhill

When my wife asks why I need seven bikes I’ll be referring her to you 🙂

transition1
    Free Member

Awesome looking bike the frame would have been a good replacement to my Smuggler although would of needed new air shaft for my Ohlins fork which now sold as bought a Ripley V4 end of last year instead as couldn’t wait that long for Transtion to come good, also lifetime warranty now is also good

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Don’t  forget FREEEEERIIIIDE

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘New Transition Spur’ is closed to new replies.