Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Transition bikes
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

heard that an embargo is being lifted today. Ebike? New Sentinel?  Smuggler gone? TR 11 29er  or none of the above?

new carbon scout yum yum

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

That looks good.

prezet
    Free Member

Did Transition ever get their paint issue sorted? I’ve had three over the years, and all had paint problems.

tetrode
    Free Member

Ohhhh looking forward to seeing what the new sentinel will be like!

escrs
    Free Member

Cant see them releasing an e bike anytime soon as they seem dead against it but you never know (look at Santa Cruz)

I saw a spyshot earlier which shows the Scout hasa 150mm front and a 140mm rear

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

nah thats the shock options for the rear 140mm travel  (57.5mm stoke) or 150mm (62.5mm)  . An increase either way.

funkmasterp

Any steel hardtails that weigh more than the moon or carbon hardtail frames that cost more than the GDP of a small nation?

jamj1974

Loving that.

chakaping
    Free Member

They wouldn’t get rid of the Smuggler, would they? One of the definitive short-travel 29ers (in original guise).

Maybe give it a bit more travel to go with the frame weight instead?

pigyn
    Free Member

It’s just the Scout launching today, goes live at 4 but someone pinched all the images off pinkbike.

150/160 Front and 140/150 rear, with a change of shock stroke.

I am most excited by the new manufacturing process and higher grades of carbon, lighter weight and a full lifetime warranty 🙂

Lots of really great changes

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

oh. well it’s like a teaser for the new sentinel then

ayjaydoubleyou

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-transition-scout-carbon-2020.html

Its pretty and takes a water bottle – meets my criteria.

Now this is up to 150mm, how big is the patrol going to be?

ayjaydoubleyou

Just seen the UK pricing £3k for the frame. Damn do we get screwed on that.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

What’s the chaining clearance like on the new Patrol? The old one was very tight with the cable routing directly behind it and no chance of running non boost cranks.

The alloy one’s rode well but weighed the same as a small planet!

chakaping
    Free Member

Just seen the UK pricing £3k for the frame.

They were silly on the older models too IIRC, but Transition have always been poor value in the UK with heavy lower-end kit relative to other brands on the full builds as well.

Unless you catch them in the sales, obvs.

AlexSimon

ayjaydoubleyou

Just seen the UK pricing £3k for the frame. Damn do we get screwed on that.

It’s essentially US price + duty + VAT, but yes it does seem expensive – makes that Pace look like a bargain.

transition1
    Free Member

3k is a lot but now lifetime warranty used to be 2yrs then 3. Ibis frames 3k Santa Cruz frames 3k, Mondraker frames 3k

jamesmio
    Free Member

Bird frames £1100

Aeris AM9 Frameset

* I DO like a Tranny though, with all that said.

AlexSimon

It also makes the Hope and Atherton frames look not too bad, but then it’s all about the ride. The vitalmtb video made is sound perfect.

chakaping
    Free Member

3k is a lot but now lifetime warranty used to be 2yrs then 3. Ibis frames 3k Santa Cruz frames 3k, Mondraker frames 3k

They were asking similar money to those so-called premium brands when they were shorter warranties and lower-grade carbon. Maybe it’s better value now. Using the word “value” relatively of course.

On a side note is it just me that gets annoyed by bike brands offering either a spendy carbon or heavy and still quite spendy alu option, eg. SC, Transition, Mondraker.

My Orange and Radon weigh about the same as many of their carbon-framed equivalents and in the case of the latter the full bike was less than the cost of a carbon SC frame.

I know that’s not comparing like with like in branding terms and sales models, but I feel some brands are probably not that interested in creating a good alu bike at a decent weight because it’d make it harder for them to upsell to carbon.

thedude
    Free Member

I always liked Transition and would maybe buy a cheaper direct sale one, but don’t really see the point when you have Bird.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Transition bikes’ is closed to new replies.