Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 186 total)
  • New Top Gear just started,
  • project
    Free Member

As per usual,anarchic, funny, and well filmed,and no cyclists hurt.

Really good value for us licence payers.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Yep and because I’m a bit thick I’m enjoying it (although my attention does tend to wander during star in the car, hence posting this)!!

warton
    Free Member

Just turned over, was Hammond in a Nova GTE? I loved my black GTE, pocket rocket 🙂

winston_dog
    Free Member

Really good value for us licence payers.

Doesn’t it make a fortune for the BBC on the exports and re-runs?

I’m pretty tired of it now, same jokes repeated over and over.

johndoh
    Free Member

SRi

warton
    Free Member

SRi wasn’t even the quick one. mind you the GTEs are rare as hens teeth these days (because they all got twoc’ed in 1992)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Getting more and more lame.

It used to have at least some entertaining bits

“let’s wear fake moustaches”…hilarious, not.

damo2576
    Free Member

Is this really what the average male finds funny?!

iain1775
    Free Member

Nice shot of the moon there
    About the highlight so far

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Is this really what the average male finds funny?!

It’s a kids show now isn’t it?

Started with potential, is now dire.

LardLover
    Free Member

I couldn’t afford a Nova SRi, I had to settle for the SR. It looked like the SRi though…..

legend
    Free Member

McLaren on next week – I’m assuming that’ll be the highlight of the series

greasyrider
    Free Member

Well that’s an hour I won’t get back.
    Worst episode I’ve seen.

Harry_the_Spider

I laughed.

Sunday night tele before going back to the grind of Monday.

If you don’t like it don’t watch it.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I’m a massive fan of Top Gear but even I’m not going to try and defend this evenings abysmal, cheesy, played out rubbish.

bigdean

First half not bad, second half window shopping on ebay. Sums up most TG shows.

greasyrider
    Free Member

You don’t know how bad it’s going to be until after you’ve watched it.
    In the past, the first episode of a new series has had some good stuff in it. That upcoming Caterham looks good.

househusband

This evening’s episode did kinda pass me by, didn’t grab my attention – found myself thinking more about how and where they did the supermarket scenes than the programme itself… 😐

Philby

Its too predictable, and the star in the reasonably priced car idea is well passed its use-by date.

Houns

Well I chuckled, especially when the Nova went over the line on its side

Also what HtS said

aracer
    Free Member

I’m boycotting it 😉

Drac

Enjoyed the first half it then went downhill why the end bit in the arm base had to be like that I don’t know.

I’ll watch the rest of the series though.

brakes
    Free Member

Aah. The Nova SRI was the car I dreamed of having when hooning around in my 1.4 Merit+. Same colour, age and facelifted grill as the one in tonight’s show.
    Not a terrible show but predictable knob gags.

duckman

Had an xr2i! 😳

orangeboy
    Free Member

When they said old hot hatch I was hoping for
    Clio 16v
    5 gtt
    Even the nova was the wrong one
    Ax maybe

Was not fussed on tonight’s show but will watch again next week

johndoh
    Free Member

LardLover – Member
    I couldn’t afford a Nova SRi, I had to settle for the SR. It looked like the SRi though…..
    POSTED 46 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

The SRi replaced the SR so there wasn’t a choice (unless you mean buying older second hand of course).

monkeyboyjc

Wasnt the best episode to kick off the series. The highlights real of the rest of the series was about the best bit for me.

johndoh
    Free Member

I had an XR2 (binned on its roof) and an SR (stolen). I matched their 80s profiling perfectly 🙂

crazy-legs

First half was quite funny.
    Second half was too contrived. Agree about the star in a reasonably priced car being past its sell by date. Still, gave me a chance to put the kettle on!

martinhutch

Getting very lazy indeed now. Worst one I’ve seen for a while. Sad thing was, it wasn’t that bad an idea for a main feature.

stumpy01

Erm, it started off quite good. But the hot hatch thing was pretty lame as it turned out. Why not just do some reviews of actual hot hatches, like they would do a supercar….? They could still make it fun.

Don’t even think it was a Golf GTi. The GTi came with 4 headlamps, instead of 2. I did wonder if that is why they panned passed the ‘GT’ badge at one point….

Hope it improves.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Its too predictable, and the star in the reasonably priced car idea is well passed its use-by date.

PAST not passed. Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I noticed the GT badge as well????
    Didn’t think the blowing up of the cars was at all entertaining, I can’t remember the last five minutes as I fell asleep!

Not the best start but I’ll give it another week or two. It can’t get any worse surely.

Drac

Don’t even think it was a Golf GTi. The GTi came with 4 headlamps, instead of 2. I did wonder if that is why they panned passed the ‘GT’ badge at one point.

16v 4 and 8v 2 but yes spotted the GT badge but it wasn’t hard to as they zoomed in on it.

cozz
    Free Member

weird to keep banging on about 80’s hot hatches,, and then turn up with a 1990 golf, 1992 nova and a 1993 xr2i

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’m thick and I like cars and that, but that was rubbish, first 5 minutes was promising and then it just went downhill

Hopefully the P1 review will redeem the series

johndoh
    Free Member

cozz – Member
    weird to keep banging on about 80’s hot hatches,, and then turn up with a 1990 golf, 1992 nova and a 1993 xr2i
    POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Because they were all first released in 1980s I guess.

somafunk

At 14min 30sec in to the program it shows the golfs engine which is clearly the 1.8v digifant electronic fuel injection version, dunno why the badge said GT though?.

simmy
    Free Member

I only caught the last 5 mins but that Golf was a mess, why couldn’t they use an original one not a modded one ?

somafunk

it’s not a serious car program so i’m rather glad they didn’t use a decent Mk2 Golf, it’s an entertainment show and as such they’re not doing it to inform – can you imagine the outrage if they bought a decent Mk2 16v GTI and proceeded to vinyl wrap and thrash it to the death? – i’d personally hunt Clarkson down and remove his bollocks with a blunt bread knife and sauté them on my camp stove then watch as i made him eat them.

We all know not many modern hot hatches can live up to decent Mk2 16v GTI …..now then…….where have i sat my rose tinted varifocals?….. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘New Top Gear just started,’ is closed to new replies.