Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • New to road riding
  • DanW
    Free Member

😆 @ all the latex gloves

If you are worried about getting hands dirty then you might be pleased to know black shorts are great for wiping your hands on. Even your Raphas.

iainc

^^^^ fair point, but why not, they cost nowt, weigh nowt, take up no space and why have to ride rest of the day with manky hands when you don’t need to ?

bit like wiping one’s bottom with toilet paper after a poo – great invention 🙂

elliptic
    Free Member

No-one’s yet mentioned the biggest advantage of a seat pack, which is that all the non-edible bits and bobs I take on every ride are already in there when I grab the bike.

Instead of faffing about for ages finding them yet again.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

yeah, but they’re real pros aren’t they not look-a-likeys

The world road race champion stopped off for a snack at the village shop here yesterday. He had a top tube box AND a saddlebag. So pro!

chakaping
    Free Member

Saddlebags don’t have to be noisy.

Single multi-tool, resin tyre lever, tube & emergency gel in mine IIRC.

So I just pop a pump & gels in my jersey pockets and I’m off normally.

ben10
    Free Member

Thanks all looks like a sadle bag it if and a mini pump or co2

LS
    Free Member

2x CO2 cartridges and valve, inner tube, multi tool, spoke key (specific size), quicklink and a £2 coin.
    All in a small Lezyne micro caddy which doesn’t rattle or move. Winter and summer bike both have the same so I don’t have to worry about swapping it over or forgetting. It’s barely noticeable under the saddle and leaves pockets free for important stuff like food, rain jacket, warmers, phone etc.

The 29er has the same apart from being in a medium-sized micro caddy due to the increased inner tube size.

Klunk
    Free Member

I feel ashamed posting this, the spoilt aesthetics and looking like it was dragged through halfrauds backwards

from todays 50 miler, 2 tubes,multi tool, levers, repair kit, spare link and disposable gloves in the saddle bag. Road morph on the frame (fab pump will get upto 110 psi with ease). As for the aero, definitely more turbulence on the pump side as my righthand leg hair is always more tangled !

badllama
    Free Member

This has been an interesting thread as I’m about to get a road bike / cyclocross bike myself for a longer commute.

Latex gloves gloves wise I have them whatever bike I’m on either for carrying out track side repairs or dealing with blooded individuals very useful to have IMO

Haze

Everything in jersey pockets, more than enough room for most rides & only use a saddle bag on very rare occasions.

edhornby

Google GCN what to take on a ride ; matt Stephens does a really good video on what to put in the little bag and pockets

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘New to road riding’ is closed to new replies.