Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • New Titanium Cotic SodaMax
  • djflexure

Polished with blasted decals or brushed with black ones – just can’t make up my mind

nicko74

Polished! I’ve always wanted a polished Ti frame ever since someone on here went and polished their own Ti frame.

piemonster

Thank f*** that has stupid wheels on it. My original Soda is still possibly my favourite bike ever (although it’s now changed purpose and is a bastardized gravel bike). A 27.5 version would have landed me in a LOT of trouble with the SO… Sacrily – it didn’t cost me much more than the SodaMAX frame price to build up my mkV Soul!

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/sodaMAX

You could be in trouble! Maybe the plus bit will save you.

metalheart
    Free Member

Brushed with black decnals. For sure.

theyre disappearing off the website at an alarming rate…

scotroutes

Brushed with black decnals. For sure.

theyre disappearing off the website at an alarming rate…

Bang goes that shitty Triumph then?

metalheart
    Free Member

Bang goes that shitty Triumph then?

How very dare you. It’s the shitty Triumph dealers that’s the real stumbling block on that one 🤣

definitely cheaper than a Triumph though…

not really the best reason in the world to buy one though is it?

Northwind

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>rOcKeTdOg
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

are the chain device tabs removeable as it ruins the aesthetic. in the world of narrowwide & clutch does it really need a chain device?

If you ride it as hard as it begs to be ridden, then yeah. Narrow/wide and clutch is very very good but it’s not perfect so the modern wee tiny top guides are light insurance.

</div>
    TBH from Cotic’s point of view it’s also probably a declaration of intent, this ain’t your dad’s titanium XC bike.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m with Kelvin/Northwind on this one, once you stick a crankset on it, it’s pretty much covered.

and it’s good for a 140mm fork. That’s definitely a statement of intent I’d say.

different if you want one just to mount on the wall mind…

cant say it’s really caused me any concern when I’ve been out riding it’s steel sibling.

psling
    Free Member

TBH from Cotic’s point of view it’s also probably a declaration of intent, this ain’t your dad’s titanium XC bike.

That made me chuckle, I am that dad! I wouldn’t give up  the quality welds and finish of my old DEAN ti bike for this one. I think if I wanted a rude hard-hitting big-forked hardtail I wouldn’t be looking at ti as a frame material, no matter how nice it looks. And that bike does look nice 🙂

tomhoward

Also, good to see that the admin for getting a short production run Ti frame made isn’t prohibitively hard…

chakaping
    Free Member

Cotic are arguably the quintessential “rad dad” bike brand!

Can’t see many millennials being able to afford these either.

coomber
    Free Member

Its one of the nicest bikes I’ve seen but…

The S on the top tube is wonky no?

metalheart
    Free Member

but…

The S on the top tube is wonky no?

thats got to be the lamest excuse ever…

if you notice the S on a descent, you’re definitely doing it wrong 🤣

pop-larkin
    Free Member

2 year warranty is a big issue for me at that price – looks nice though

jamj1974

Nice!

timc
    Free Member

Ive just switched my order for a Solaris Max to a Soda Max, A combined 37th, 38th, 39th etc Birthday Pressie for next week 🙂

Always lusted after a Ti Hardtail & Luckily the time is right now & next weeks Birthday is a welcome justification if ever i needed one.

Going to take a day off, ride the peaks early & pop by Cotic HQ to collect hopefully, very excited

chakaping
    Free Member

Good for you!

Before this came out I thought the titanium “bike for life” thing was for mugs, but having ridden the steel version last week I reckon this is the best contender I’ve ever seen for that tag. Assuming it doesn’t break, obvs.

They’re really not offering a longer warranty then?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Looks lovely, if there is a Ti Eacapade in the future i’d be v.tempted!

timc
    Free Member

I totally understand why people consider / talk about Ti Warranties as well as other materials, but having not had a frame fail, i tend to not worry, what will be, will be etc

Thats obviously a massive jinx now!

metalheart
    Free Member

“bike for life”

Is is this really a thing? Mountain bikes change so fast. I got my Soul back in, oh, 2007/8. At the time I thought it was the dogs danglies but by the time I’d passed it on (last year, to the Loon) it was almost ‘unridable’ 🤣 Bikes had moved on that much (yet I can still recall the shear fun and exhilaration I had on its maiden voyage, and that’s why I’m on, what, my 7th or 8th Cotic frame).

i almost self imported a Litespeed Ti frame in 1998 (it *might* even have had disk mounts),jeez, no way that I’d still have that bike… thank god the direct selling model wasn’t prevalent back then

as previous, are people so precious about a carbon full sus at considerably further north of the buy price?

(no offence intended S)

chakaping
    Free Member

“bike for life”

Is is this really a thing?

It was something you heard a lot in the 90s and noughties, as a justification for paying £1k+ for a HT frame. But it’s totally fallen away in recent years. Geometry”s been changing so rapidly it was clearly nonsense.

My point is that maybe it does make sense now, as I think bike geometry in 10 or 15 years will be much closer to today than current geometry is to the bikes of the early noughties.

metalheart
    Free Member

I think bike geometry in 10 or 15 years will be much closer to today than current geometry is to the bikes of the early noughties.

no way I’d be making such rash prophesies like that!

benp1

That is lovely, and in stock in my size. Still on my original Solaris, still love it

if it was a lifetime warranty I’d be seriously contemplating it

coomber
    Free Member

Given up trying to quote. Inept.

cokie

I want to commend Cotic on their build in the photos too! Lots of british brands there.

> Hope (obvious one)

> Hunt wheels

> Rust Ti Bars

> Ride Works robot stem

(BTW, yes joking about selling my Solaris. Would love one of these, but a FS to join the Solaris is more of a priority).

peteimpreza

I have put my faith in Cy and his team and ordered a brushed medium frame with a Helm fork . The rest of the build will be scavenged from other bikes/parts bin except for a set of Boost double cranks . Yes people I will be going 2 x 11.

“Looks lovely, if there is a Ti Eacapade in the future i’d be v.tempted!”

An Escapade in titanium would be awesome but can I have a year or two to replenish the funds ?

bazzer
    Free Member

I really need to get my Soda back on the trails, I loved riding it. Not ridden it for a few years now.

peteimpreza

its arrived……………

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Looks lovely, if there is a Ti Escapade in the future i’d be v.tempted

(I’ll probably be in trouble for this, but….)

<<looks in cellar>>  🙂

(not mine, mind!)

jamj1974

Pictures peteimpreza!

peteimpreza

I can’t seem to load a photo from Flickr anymore .

Happy to email someone to post it for me

nicko74

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>JonEdwards
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

Looks lovely, if there is a Ti Escapade in the future i’d be v.tempted

(I’ll probably be in trouble for this, but….)

<<looks in cellar>>

</div>

Details!

I’d love a Ti Escapade. Or X. Tiscapade and Tix, I guess…

</div>

tomhoward

pete, post the link to the flickr pic…

tomhoward

not that hard, was it? 😉

Looks ace! Even with the weeds…

Sans Dropper?

peteimpreza

Frame , fork , bb and headset from Cotic.

Everything else has been harvested from two other bikes and the spares box.

Need to get some new outers tomorrow to finish off setting up the gears then she will be good to go. Oh and do the final cut on the fork steerer.

Will need to get a new dropper as the one from the BFe is too short.

jamj1974

Looks stunning!

metalheart
    Free Member

Is that a medium Pete?

take it the forks are the £870 ones? Is there any difference bar the decnals?

Lionheart
    Free Member

Please please close this thread…

kelvin

@Metalheart, the price difference is just for the custom decals… CaneCreek make them for Cotic, rather than them being cheap knockoffs.

Don’t worry @Lionheart … only 2 left … ignore this thread over the weekend and the temptation to buy one will probably be removed when you return.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘New Titanium Cotic SodaMax’ is closed to new replies.