Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • New Tesla Pickup
  • Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Welcome to Johnny Cab.

kerley

That might just fail to satisfy pedestrian safety tests…

ElShalimo

Ideal for the school run

sharkbait

Is it made of Lego?

drlex

Designed using an old Atari Battlezone arcade machine? Top picture even has the mountain range horizon.

See also the Bollinger electric ute. Drawn on a day that the French curve was left at home.

Premier Icon dirkpitt74
    Subscriber

Bring on the Zombie Apocalypse!!

Premier Icon bikebouy

That looks like shit.

Sharkbait, seen elsewhere…

It’s like making a Delorean out of Lego when all the best bricks have already been used up.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

Exclusive picture of the first customer to place a deposit.
    null

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

You can order one with $100 deposit
    https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck/design#battery

Reminds me of that electric bike from a while ago…

fasthaggis

Bring on the Zombie Apocalypse!!

….After the windows upgrade

Premier Icon verses
    Subscriber

Got to love the demo of the “unbreakable” armoured glass

retro83

Premier Icon metcalt
    Subscriber

It does look like someone smoothed out the Warthog from Halo, then set the graphics to Megadrive

think that pile of turd above has just secured countless new sales for Rivian…

Rivian

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

Big Tesla fan, but I have to agree…

Klunk

it’s been abstracted

Premier Icon scuttler
    Subscriber

Where are you supposed to tie your dog up?

A demonstration of why cars shouldn’t be designed with straight lines 👎

It’ll have to be rounded off a bit for aero and possibly pedestrian crash protection but I hope it does look that mental. Too many boring cars around trying to please everyone look like Audis but exciting no-one.

fooman

Tesla by Musk aged 4

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

He’s been on the Blunts again hasn’t he…

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

I thought it was a joke, im still not convinced it isn’t given its Musk behind it…smoke & mirrors for a bit of publicity

Premier Icon bikebouy

I thought it was a joke, im still not convinced it isn’t given its Musk behind it…smoke & mirrors for a bit of publicity

I’m coming to that conclusion too.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

Part of me thinks its hideous. The rest of me wants it and to tick Tron wheel package on the spec list.

I mean the model 3 isn’t exactly exciting to look at is it? Its like a mid 2000’s Kia or Chinese domestic market counterfeit Panamera.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

The future is here! The one that was the future in early 80’s sci-fi movies.

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

I mean the model 3 isn’t exactly exciting to look at is it? Its like a mid 2000’s Kia or Chinese domestic market counterfeit Panamera.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen it in the flesh, but I thought the same until I did. It’s no Dog’s Dinner 25st Anniversary Countach, but it’s not a bad looking car – It reminded me of a very tubby late RX7 actually.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

I think tubby rx7 is just a polite way of saying distorted kia rio.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

I kinda like it. What’s the point of rolling a same-as-everything-else pick-up truck onto a stage? Tesla are actively trying to do different things, to break stuff down and rebuild it.

It’s clearly not road worthy (those bar lights, no side mirrors) but it’s pretty cool,

fooman

I think it’s very retro, the styling, the font used on the lettering, the engine bonnet despite being electric!

andyl

dunno, not sure if it’s a spoof and just a disguise or if that is their version of the ultra-simplified bodywork. Those panels could be dirt cheap to make, even out of stainless so then don’t need painting which is again massively better for the environment. But, eny slight ripple from manufacture would show up.

Maybe they are very thick? If he is going for bullet proof glass then the reason for such simple panels could be they are very thick.

This, the Bollinger or the Rivian. My money is on the Rivian personally (and waiting for UK orders to open up).

I prefer the Marcelo Gandini original…

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Can’t decide if the window breakage was just a publicity stunt. Mind you they probably didn’t need it given the styling.
    No idea how that can be legal – re pedestrian safety.

Other than that – it’s nice to see something different in the car styling world. it’s always been one of the greatest disappointments of the design world for me – ultra conservative to the point of it not being design any more – more like accountancy.

finbar

I think it looks cool AF (seriously)

Premier Icon pocpoc
    Subscriber

From the OP link… It does a camper version.
    camper

Now the true market is revealed. He’s not trying to convert coal rolling rednecks, it’s aimed squarely ar STW users.

Premier Icon bikebouy

Now it looks like something out of Joe90.

Ewan

I lust after teslas, but that is gopping.

Premier Icon dirkpitt74
    Subscriber

The Bollinger (which looks like an old Defender – not that that’s a bad thing) is around £100k
    The Rivian is around £60k
    Tesla are touting £30k for the Cybertruck

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

The Tesla does look very wacky when you first see it, but then you post that Rivian and it just looks so BORING. Then I look at the Tesla again and I think, actually that’s pretty rad! I suspect a design somewhere between the two would be the ideal compromise! 😃

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.