Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • new sunglasses
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

my smith metal burst sunnies have finally given up the ghost- big scratch down the inside of the right lens means they’re not that easy on the eye (so to speak) any more, and despite our general lack of sunshine here in the north west of england, i need to replace them.
    ideally, i’d like something similar to the smith ones, here:

that is, something that doesn’t look too bonkers either on or off the bike… i’d rather not spend an absolute bomb (so no super high end oakleys for me), but i’d like something pretty decent too, with a good quality lens. i’m not a fan of raybans at all either.
    what do you wear, or what would you buy if you were in my position?

molgrips
    Free Member

You want shades for biking and non?

binners

I’m a big fan of Bloc

http://www.bloceyewear.com/

Really good quality stuff for on and off the bike, at a not daft (Oakley price). The Shifter XR’s with the interchangeable lenses are bloody great.

Harry_the_Spider

Specialized Berm?

I’ve got a pair of Specialized San Remo that fit well and only cost me £30 so I won’t cry when I break them.

I do look like a bit of a Chug-Nut when I’m wearing them off the bike though.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

molly- mostly off the bike as i have a couple of pairs of cheapo ebay bolle safety glasses for riding (no dark lenses though).
    i forgot about bloc adam; i have an old pair somewhere, did like em so i’ll scour their site now, ta!
    liking those spesh ones too…

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Have a look at Eyewear outlet .co.uk. I know you said that you were not interested in Oakleys but if you saw some of prices it may change your mind.
    HTH

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i almost bought some from there last year when they were selling off the factory seconds; it’s not that i’m not interested in oakley, i like them but just don’t want to spend mad money on a pair…

surfer
    Free Member

I like these. I got a free pair when I was in Miami a couple of years ago and the lenses are the best I have ever used. I have tried Oakley and Ray Bans and imo these are better.

Maui Jim

binners

Oh… if you like the Bloc’s, have a look in the Trespass shop at the Lowry. They often have them in. Much cheapness.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘new sunglasses’ is closed to new replies.