Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • New STW mag – moan whinge grumble
  • scruff
    Free Member

Well not just the new one, most of the Galleries should be renamed – ‘pictures of Calderdale and Todmorden’. I realise you are based there but please publish a few more pics of elsewhere.

Oh, and front wheel clown bikes are gey :FACT:

poppa
    Free Member

Mor like ur ghey

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Gey?

Drac

Submit a photo?

Mark

It’s a fair comment actually.. and duly noted.

..the gallery that is.. not the Clown Bike reference 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

And I have submitted a few myself. Never had a reply.

Drac

Submit some better ones?

hora
    Free Member

Drac you cruel fecker- are you saying scruff’s pics are the equivalent of the readers wives section? 8)

Drac

If they are then they should be published.

AndyP
    Free Member

so are Sfb’s the equivalent of the scat section?

davey_clayton
    Free Member

Perhaps there’s simply nowhere else in the world as photogenic as Calderdale.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Well this topic certainly changed direction fast, even for STW!

emac65
    Free Member

I wish they’d get rid of the pics altogether,just a way of wasting a few pages imo

Mark

a mag with no pics?
    Really?

🙂

Pook

sint shops then eh?

hora
    Free Member

The sign on the way into Calderdale does read

‘Bringing families even closer together’

On the approach to Huddersfield – the signs been nicked for scrap.

Mark

Subs copies have landed. Shops tomorrow bar a few swift exceptions I imagine.

Digital subscribers have had the chance to download theirs since wednesday and it’s now on sale in our shop today.

wwaswas

‘Bringing families closer together’

subscript;

‘especially on visiting day’

barney
    Free Member

Wwaswas
    Wotchoo tryin’ to say?

*bangs mug against bars*

Kit
    Free Member

One of the things I found with submitting photos (regardless of quality etc) was that usually they have a theme in mind, or develop a theme, which is a mystery and if your submitted photos don’t tie in with it then they’re unlikely to make it in the mag.

I don’t know what’s in this month’s, but my recent decent photos are all snowy ones and they don’t usually fit in to the whole dreamy endless singletrack and/or supremely lush, technical trails shots the bike mags like to publish.

(I should caveat all that with: I haven’t tried submitting for years now; and my ‘decent’ shots may still not be ‘publishable’. 🙂 )

emac65
    Free Member

“a mag with no pics?
    Really?”

Sorry I meant the pics in the gallery,I thought that’s what we were on about here…. 8)

Dibbs
    Free Member

I think there should be a gallery section in the mag entirely devoted to photos of bike leaning against posts on the Quantocks 😀

Drac

I think there should be a gallery section in the mag entirely devoted to photos of bike leaning against posts on the Quantocks

Imagine the production cost of such a mag never the postage cost.

barney
    Free Member

From what little I know of publishing, if you submit “snow” pics in (say) autumn, they’re more likely to get published, as what with lead times and all that you don’t want to be emailing wintery pics when the mag’s theme is “bounding into spring” or whatever..

Of course, I could be spouting absolute cobblers.

ourmaninthenorth

Drac you cruel fecker- are you saying scruff’s pics are the equivalent of the readers wives section?

Surely Fatsimon’s domain…?

kelvin

Dibbs made me chuckle.

gator
    Free Member

I’ve sent in, a few pics that I’ve been pleased with – always had excellent / constuctive replies (Chips)

Apart from one when he said ‘the riders gurning’ – That’s my mate your talking about and he always looks like that……..

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah didn’t see this thread!

waihiboy
    Free Member

From what little I know of publishing, if you submit “snow” pics in (say) autumn, they’re more likely to get published, as what with lead times and all that you don’t want to be emailing wintery pics when the mag’s theme is “bounding into spring” or whatever..

Of course, I could be spouting absolute cobblers.

😆

DezB
    Free Member

Nice thank you page to those that helped out over the Christmas troubles. MrPoddy gets a mention.

chakaping
    Free Member

Positive comment – Revamp of staff bikes section looks really good. Smart decision to concentrate on one bike per writer each issue.

And a nice selection of bikes.

Ed-O
    Free Member

My advise is to take a good look at Calderdale. It’s where you end up when you die.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

The mag is a great read but please no more articles on cyclocross even if it is Chipp’s favourite

MrSparkle

Burn him!

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

MrSparkle – thats a bit much; Singletrack is pitched as a ‘mountain bike’ magazine so why do I want to read about roadie crossovers??

samuri
    Free Member

because lots of mountain bikers also seem to like cross bikes? It’s certainly a recurrent theme here and I’m presuming the forum users constitute a large proportion of the mag subscribers.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Too many poitless pics. Just to fill space I reckon. Ah well I din’t have to buy it.

scuttler

davey_clayton wrote

Perhaps there’s simply nowhere else in the world as photogenic as Calderdale.

Word got around quickly

scruff
    Free Member

Much better, like the German one. I like pics of my homeland.

matt_outandabout

mrs_oab just turned up with a copy for moi.

Looks good. *feels motivated to go for a ride*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘New STW mag – moan whinge grumble’ is closed to new replies.