Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • new Stereo 150 29er EWS bike, design inputs from Greg Callaghan
  • andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Thanks to EWS Enduro racing:

https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/04/26/first-rides-bombing-trail-on-cubes-affordable-ews-ready-stereo-150-29er/

Neat, new machines. Great example how professional bikers – in this case the fantastic Greg Callaghan – help bike companies designing better bikes!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Great example how professional bikers – in this case the fantastic Greg Callaghan – help bike companies sell more bikes!

It is kind of their job.

brant
    Free Member

66deg head angle?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

66deg head angle?

You will have to help us there does that automatically make it awesome or crap I can’t quite keep up

legend
    Free Member

Crap. Can only assume they didn’t get the memo

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah good to know the power of the protractor in the bike review world, feel sorry for Greg now

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@ Rorschach:

nothing wrong with selling more bikes … – or?

And Greg Callaghan is a bit the guy who gives Cube the EWS design inputs to improve the bikes. I personally think EWS helps engineering better bikes. Only helps Enduro bikers in the beginning.

…but then the know how will trickle down to our trail bikes. No matter if we talk about Nukeproof, Canyon or others – like Cube.

That’s great!

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

here the link for the bike:

https://www.cube.eu/uk/2018/bikes/mountainbike/fullsuspension/stereo/cube-stereo-150-c68-action-team-29-actionteam-2018/

don’t have a Carbon bike and I’am not such a friend of 1×12.

But this bike looks great! And … still possible to mount a front mech for those which like 2x drivetrains (hahah).

Maybe interesting:

http://www.enduroworldseries.com/series-rankings/

current EWS Enduro team ranking #1 ibis, #2 canyon, #3 cube

Cube is doing good with their carbon bikes…

But … weather is so great – I take my 130/130 Bossnut V2 now and will be on the trail the rest of the day. No Enduro. No racing. Just fun.

Cheers!

geex
    Free Member

Does anyone (other than andreas) actually care about the manufacturer standings in the EWS?
    Out of the entire Ibis, Canyon and Cube teams Greg and maybe Walner are the only riders I’d back with even a shot at winning a round nevermind the series.
    Most of the guys with an actual chance of winning are on smaller teams where they are the main rider and there’s maybe one other top 80 rider.
    The bikes they’re on aren’t actually all that important. I can think of plenty bikes Hill would be just as fast using. One of which is now 13 years old and had 26″ wheels. 😉

Whether an EWS riders choice of bike is better is hugely subjective. Recently Graves admitted his EWS bike is a lot less fun to ride than Specialized’s smaller wheeled framed version of the same bike in a size smaller. Personally for me mtb is just for fun and I honestly couldn’t give a shit what bikes Greg Callaghan, Walner/Buchanan or the entire Canyon team ride. Whenever anyone’s mentioned Cube bikes to me my first thoughts have always been. “oh.. those ugly euro bikes Greg Callighan (and more recently Greg Williamson) rode?” or “OMG yeah, Those team outfits are minging” at least they’re finally trying to copy the aesthetics of a Trek with the new bike. Still failing misserably though 😉

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

He seemed to do alright on a Stereo 140 over forked with a Fox 36 160mm up front in the past! Think that had a stock 67.5 HA, closer to 66.5 when 20mm over spec I would of thought! By modern standards short and steeper than the vast majority of competitors bikes!

Will be interesting to see if the new slightly longer and slacker bike will contribute in a big way toward better results this year.

wrecker
    Free Member

Its a four bar enduro bike with far from revolutionary geometry. It looks like a common or garden enduro bike to me.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Totally agree to some comments.

Like for me: mtb is about fun. These EWS Enduro bikes won’t make fun on “our” trails.

But I see these EWS type events as a huge chance for companies to “get better with those high end racing machines”. And sooner or later this will effect us again – technology is trickling down to our trail bikes.

I hope at least…

And for EWS the “looks” of an bike are not important at all – these bikes should be fast on the EWS tracks – that’s all.

Personally admire a guy like Greg Callaghan. And he feeds back his knowledge to his “team company” and if they design a bike (“also”) based onto those inputs – that’s exiting. For me at least. Would show a bit that EWS is not pure “circus”. It’s good for us.

And that’s the reason why I don’t agree to the statement “I give a shit what bikes Greg Callaghan”…

But the good news is: there are always several opinions. That’s the reason we discussing on such an forum.

Not related to that: the ride today on my Bossnut V2 130/130 bike was such a blast … again. No thinking about “Enduro” bikes – just having fun and getting better and better…

Cheers!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘new Stereo 150 29er EWS bike, design inputs from Greg Callaghan’ is closed to new replies.