Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • New Star Trek film – recommendations?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

6/10 for me as well. The English girl really got on my nerves. How stupidly hot is Uhura.

One of the loudest films I have ever seen.

monkeyboyjc

I watched it last week – thought it was ok, but the 1st one was sooo much better.

This one, although it has the action, just doesn’t have the story line for a ‘great’ film.

hels
    Free Member

Tribbles !!!!!

I thought it was awesome. Loads of nerdy references to the series. High score on the Kiwi Actor Spotting scale. Generally good fun and exploding stuff.

My only criticism was as above, that Karl Urban didn’t have nearly enough to do. Simon Pegg pretty much stole the film, but he really needs to work in the Scottish accent, it was all over the place. Throwing “cannae” in every second sentence isn’t quite enough.

Also thought too much of the Spock Deals With His Human Emotions going on. Vom.

footflaps

I watched it last week – thought it was ok, but the 1st one was sooo much better.

This one, although it has the action, just doesn’t have the story line for a ‘great’ film.

+1

Watched the 2009 one again the other night, confirms the above.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

basically it’s a runny around action film/teen drama that references some aspects of star trek history. the philosophical background that drove the shows has been largely ignored.

You should really be a professional film critic. I mean honestly you could.
    Or a politician.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I dint like it

Drac

Finally got see it on Wednesday and I successfully avoided know who Cumberland was playing. Fantastic film very much Star Trek and with huge amounts of action.

Simon Pegg needs removed he annoyed me every scene he was in.

rusty90
    Free Member

I thought it was OK-ish, not as good as Iron Man 3 which we saw the week before, and the ending dragged on a bit.

There seems to be some secret competition between casting directors as to who can get Simon Pegg into the most unsuitable role. Mission Impossible, Star Trek, what’s next? Simon Pegg playing Darth Vader?

hels
    Free Member

Simon Pegg would be GREAT as Darth Vader. If ever a role needed some humor added. But not as AWESOME as Stewy was in the role.

wirral
    Free Member

Great movie

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

How stupidly hot is Uhura.

Almost enough to make it worth watching the film.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘New Star Trek film – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.