Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • NEW: South WALES enduro series
  • western-bike-events
    Free Member

We’re a start up enduro race organiser based in South Wales. We plan to bring back enduro to South Wales, making the best of whats available.

“A full spread of races from February to late September, and everything from trail centre to black-graded, hand-cut, off-piste goodness sees our inaugural Enduro Series making the most of the Valleys.”

It’s worth noting we have equal women and men cats, plus ebikes and team racing! Youngest age is 10+ (14 for ebike) and oldest is 60+.

Our Rounds are:

Rnd 1 Taff Buggy – Sun 26 Feb 23

Rnd 2 Glyn-Neath – Sun 12 Mar 23

Rnd 3 Afan – Sun 9 Apr 23

Rnd 4 Pantside – Sun 7 May 23

Rnd 5 Afan – Sun 25 Jun 23

Champs Glyn-Neath – Sat 30 Sep to Sun 1 Oct 23

Find out more on our website

http://Www.western-bike-events.wales

A racer railing a fast corner

weeksy

I certainly think we’ll be trying a few of these on the new Privateer, but as to which ones, i’m not 100% sure just yet.

Is one of the Afans going to be S4 ? Because that looks damn hard in the videos i’ve seen of it 😀 😀

western-bike-events
    Free Member

Is one of the Afans going to be S4 ? Because that looks damn hard in the videos i’ve seen of it 😀 😀

Hi Weeksy,

There will be ongoing forestry work around the Y Wal trails in Afan. So, we’ll be using the black and red trails around Glyncorrwg. With respect to difficulty, We have summarised the difficulty for each event on the website landing page: http://www.western-bike-events.wales. If you have anymore questions then please get in touch.

Thank you so much for considering us :).

Richard.

kimbers

Sounds great

I’m up for some

molgrips
    Free Member

Tempting for a laugh. I was going to lament the fact I don’t have an enduro bike but I forgot I still have my old Patriot…

It doesn’t say where the ‘Taff Buggy’ one actually is though.

western-bike-events
    Free Member

It doesn’t say where the ‘Taff Buggy’ one actually is though.

Hi there,

We hear you and working on a google map widget to make it easier but I’ve dropped the link below.

On the more info tab you’ll be redirected to the event info page, from there you’ll be able to access the racers book. This book holds all the info including postcodes etc.

https://goo.gl/maps/A9dqeoC1rSrymNjG9

The taff buggy bit comes from the old Dragon Downhill track that’s been there for years, bit of a funny one for naming the location.

If you have any more questions then more than happy to help.

Richard.

western-bike-events
    Free Member

Go for it Kimbers, if you need advice on which race to enter then please get in touch.

superfli
    Free Member

Come on Kimbers, come to the Taff Buggy event! I’m entered with my lad. Staying in the van at the onsite camping – although bit worried about the cold and wet! Should be fun, its been a while since I raced, but want somewhere different to ride.
    My only worry is how long it will take my boy to climb back up. These mashups dont favour me having to crawl/push him up – only end up getting 1 run lol!
    Looking forward to it Richard 🙂

johnjn2000

I am signed up for the first two. Got my tickets for the flight to Australia as well, better be a good event……..

western-bike-events
    Free Member

We’ll do our best but we can’t promise the weather will be any good 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.