Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • new shoe advice please…
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…

I’m after some new shoes but am a little unsure of what to get. I currently have a pair of NW winter boots which are great and a pair of mavic shoes which are a bit like sllightly stiff trainers aand ive never been quite happy with. So whats a good halfway house between 5:10 and disco slippers? Need to be spd and narrow fitting.

cheers

MSP

Specialized rime,

daftvader
    Free Member

On the list, ta

bol

Yep, as above. I’d decided on a pair until I had my head turned by a very good deal on some S-Works Trails instead. Very nice, but not at retail money.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mavic Alpine, perhaps? Not the Enduro versions, but the normal one.

If not, Rimes look very good indeed.

daftvader
    Free Member

Already have an old pair of alpines (couldnt remember the name) and have never really got on with them

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gotcha.

In that case, Rimes.

shredder
    Free Member

Giro Terraduro
    Pearl Izumi project X

daftvader
    Free Member

Liking the look of bothh those shredder, thanks…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m looking for something similar, I’ve got some 5:10 Minnaar’s at the moment and they are so heavy!

The Giro Terraduro I thought sounded good, but it’s still a bit XC for me. Maybe the new 5:10 Maltese Falcon LT if I can accept the looks?

Sui
    Free Member

I’m after a new lot too, they’re both on the short list now. Now where’s cheapest and how do they both come up size wise vs normal shoes?

shredder
    Free Member

Should say I have the Rimes and they are brilliant. I tried the Giros and would have kept them but found them too narrow in the fit, the spesh are a lot wider.
    Also tried the Pearls and found them slightly wider than the Giros but not enough.
    All great shoes the Rimes could do with being a little less vented / mesh.
    Have seen some interesting pics of some new ones Spesh are bringing out later this year I think. Will see if I can find the picture.

daftvader
    Free Member

I’m definitely in the xc market… to broken of body to do anything else these days!!!

steezysix
    Free Member

Just bought a pair of Rimes. Tried on loads of shoes, hoping something would be cheaper and more comfortable but nothing came close. Expensive, but absolutely brilliant.

shredder
    Free Member

Here we go quite like the look of these.

Sui
    Free Member

Hmm, like the idea of quick fastening, so laces are out. Off to see who sells the Rimes local then.. (Leatherhead way)

daftvader
    Free Member

Where I am its all bloody clay, chalk anf flint which turns into an interestingly dangerous non stick knife fest when it rains. Will need a little more grip than that pic seems to show….

daftvader
    Free Member

has anyone any experience of the bonty rhythm shoes?? ta

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘new shoe advice please…’ is closed to new replies.