Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • new shed build
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

new man cave is up. roof is on and felted. doors need about 2-3mm planing off the top end of each as the opening for some reason is not square. I blame the workman meself

7ft x 7ft, double doors, opening window (needs glazing).

this will be my brewing shed

Stoner
    Free Member

the opening for some reason is not square

get a fat mate to lean on one side and shim under the front with some slate! 🙂

So are you going to make the insides “Hose down proof” to deal with the inevitable yeasty explosion?

john_drummer
    Free Member

I need to insulate first I think. Going to be a bit parky brewing in there during the winter. might be able to do lager now though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Nice , also been building a shed this weekend for/with singlespeeddan of this parish. He needed a shed a specific size – long and narrow for his surf boards. Was quoted 1600 quid locally.

Sent dan to the woodyard with a list for 12mm shiplap osb and cls – he came back with ply and 3 x 2 as they didnt have any of the stuff i wanted so upgraded.

Leveled out the ground a bit and used blocks to level the shed. Not ideal to sit the joists on the edges but it looks better in the small garden

The home brew door does line up with both sides of the ship lap its just slightly ajar 😉

Total cost so far i think its 700 quid for slightly over 10 x 7 – he has a 9 odd ft long thing that needs to go in – hence the door opening the “wrong” way . Few little bits to take care of this week- the strip wood edging for the corners and a couple of pieces of ship lap right at the bottom under the door etc to hide the joists since we have enough left over. + all the door furniture

Garry_Lager

Are you planning to ferment in there John with some sort of temp control? Or bring the primary inside the hoose? Looks good in any case.
    I have a decent cellar but it seems like it might be a bit cold to ferment ale, so always bring the FV upstairs.

john_drummer
    Free Member

nice shed 🙂

garry, no this is for the mash/boil (Electrim boiler, BIAB method) and for conditioning/storage after the first couple of weeks in the house.
    and for the lawnmower, garden hand tools & stuff. I will be making it splash proof at some point or other.

Primary fermentation will be in the house for ales, although I may experiment with lager FVs in the shed through winter if I can persuade Mrs_D to drink the results 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers J_D , sore today though – nail guns although easy at the time swinging them about all day dont half knock lumps out of a cyclists body. upper body feels like its gone 10 rounds with a jack hammer.

peterfile
    Free Member

this will be my brewing shed

Ahhh, so it IS you then! 🙂

I was brewing all weekend and searching for a few bits and bobs online. Found some posts by john_dummer on a brewing forum and wondered if it was the same person. I’m guessing it is! Thanks for the help 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yes, that’ll be me on http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.UK/forum

mcmoonter
    Free Member

STW can never have too many shed building threads. Good work folks.

john_drummer
    Free Member

1/2 day off work today (annual leave, no sickies here!) and missed a choice of 2 different night rides to do it, but the mancave is now complete 🙂

granny_ring

Well done jd, bet that feels nice having it done?

TR – good work sir, that is reminding me of the chore of painting 104 feather edge boards with £58 5L tin of Barn Paint. Only 30 odd more to do and about to start on the 2nnd tin of paint. 😯

Next day of action is Thursday, hopefully!

trail_rat
    Free Member

No taking the credit for the paint. Dan did most of the hard labour i just did the nailing together:)

Back over tomorrow night to finish it

john_drummer
    Free Member

certainly does, good to have it weatherproof(ish) & secure(ish).

I need to fasten some cladding to the inside so I can hang tools up properly. I also need more shelving, I think.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘new shed build’ is closed to new replies.