Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New seatpost, brandX cabon or more pricey light alu for alu frame?
  • mattyfez

Hey all,

I’m thinking about a new seatpost, 31.6 so plenty of choice…

Current post is off a different frame and doesn’t match, it’s an OEM one off a carrera, its also a bit tatty looking but functions fine, but I can probably save some weight at the same time.

The cheap brandX one looks tempting at £28 – but not sure if I should be worried about putting it in an alu frame, anyone run this combo long term, and issues/nightmares with sticking/corrosion?

Or should I just stick to a more expensive light weight Alu post?

Thanks

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’d get a pusher carbon post, got both FSA SLK and Bontrager XXX and they’re ace

superjohn71
    Free Member

I’ve got tifosi carbon posts on both of my gravel bikes; one of which is alu the other steel, and have had no problems with them whatsoever (I use proper carbon grip paste stuff). Less than £35 a pop from wiggle. The only thing I do is rotate the seat clamp 180° so the bolt is at the front as IIRC that gives a more uniform grip on the post or something.

mattyfez

I was actually eying up a tifosi post but I’d not heard of the brand before.

winston
    Free Member

I was looking for a cheap carbon post for my Arkose. The exotic ones look good value at around 40 quid with carbon clamp and titanium bolts.
    Anyone used one?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Had one of https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SPSEDEHM/selcof-delta-hm-carbon-seat-post on my road bike for a year, been great, could feel the improved comfort instantly. Kept wondering about a 31.6mm for the Wazoo, or buying a shim to move the road 27.2 over, but my bike bits wishlist is often way beyond my disposable income for treats.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New seatpost, brandX cabon or more pricey light alu for alu frame?’ is closed to new replies.