Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New screen for Garmin 520 Edge?
  • welshfarmer

Managed to knock the edge my screen with a blunt object last night and has now lost about a quarter of the view to multicolour stripes and dead pixels.

New screen needed 🙁

Has anyone ever had a screen replaced by Garmin and if so how did you go about it?

Cheers

WF

scotroutes

Get in touch with Garmin
    They’ll likely do you a replacement unit at a very reasonable cost.

mintimperial

Yeah, phone Garmin. They do a crash-replacement scheme, cost me about £70 to replace my 800 when I smashed the screen after a Bender-style 40-foot huck to flat*. They’re a bit hard to get through to on the telephone but it’s worth it in the end, much cheaper than buying a new one. You have to send them the busted unit to get the new one. Nowhere does screen repair that I could find, unfortunately.

*OK I actually dropped my bike in the garage.

welshfarmer

Thanks for the replies chaps. Been off grid for a few days and just picked this up 🙂

Will try and give Garmin a bell

trailhound101

I smashed mine at the weekend … Google found this – anyone have any experience of these fellas or, as above, is Garmin The Way to go??

http://www.satnav-doctor.co.uk/Garmin_Repairs.html?gclid=CInkxPqJzcwCFcWVGwodjosGWA

welshfarmer

Well I rang the support number. Only a 5 mins wait for answer. Very nice man asked me for email addy and sent me a request for a photo for their tech boys to look at. They take it from there apparently. Said will no doubt need replacing as they don’t really repair hardware issues. No mention of cost as of yet. I will keep thread updated.

Paceman
    Free Member

A useful discussion, thank you.

theotherjonv

A useful discussion, thank you. on STW? Wonders will never cease

FTFY

Dibbs
    Free Member

Garmin Europe site re-directs to USA site but they’re quoting $99 (I’d guess £99 for the UK) for a replacement unit with a 90 day warranty.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New screen for Garmin 520 Edge?’ is closed to new replies.