Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New SAT NAV needed
  • grantway
    Free Member

Hi Guys

My 6 year old Tom Tom bitten the dust the weekend.
    So can anyone recommend a new Sat Nav for getting around Wales
    but also for using over Europe, mainly Spain

Cheers

lasty
    Free Member

Put an ad in the wanted section – plenty of folk getting cars now where a sat-nav is part of the furniture ….

CountZero

Do you have a reasonably up-to-date smartphone?
    If so, then get CoPilot Live for £19.95. You will then get free updates.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I have a Tom Tom Go 930 That i will be putting up for sale soon if you’re interested?

jon1973
    Free Member

If you like Tomtom and have a smart phone, you can buy a version for that. You’ll never need to pay for map updates either (unlike with the tomtom units). It’s something I’ll be considering when my one bites the dust.

bamboo
    Free Member

If you have a smart phone you can get Nav mi for free. It holds the maps on the phone so it doesn’t need a constant mobile signal, and the maps for foreign lands are free too. It stopped me buying a separate sat nav.

scaredypants

android phone and navfree work great for me: UK, california/arizona, spain

get a tetrax mount for the dashboard and you’ll be proper sorted

jon1973
    Free Member

The only problem when I use my Samsung S3 for navigation (using the Google nav) is that it’s too quite. It’s OK at lower speeds, but almost inaudible at speed with background noise. I guess a blue tooth speaker would do the job. My TomTom is obviously about 5 times the width, but has a nice big speaker in it.

dannybgoode

Nokia Lumia 620 – Nokia’s own worldwide Sat Nav all on the phone for free and its a cracking system to boot.

Doesn’t need a data connection and is the first sat nav on a phone I’d ditch a standalone system for.

Cheers

Danny B

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Happy with my TomTom live thingy. £150 though but includes. 12month subscription to the live traffic whatsit at £40 a year.

The live thing s good too, I think.

unovolo
    Free Member

Nokia Lumia 620 – Nokia’s own worldwide Sat Nav all on the phone for free and its a cracking system to boot.

Doesn’t need a data connection and is the first sat nav on a phone I’d ditch a standalone system for.

Cheers

Danny B
    Agree with the above,
    I have a Nokia 800 and the Sat Nav on that is far better than the one built into my brand new VW Caddy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New SAT NAV needed’ is closed to new replies.