New Santa Cruz Promo video

Home Forum Bike Forum New Santa Cruz Promo video

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Santa Cruz Promo video
  • bikeneil

Great. At least it’s another bike I won’t be buying.

hora

Cracking vid and matchin colours (or should I say colors)

Premier Icon darrenspink
    Subscriber

I think if your riding around the hills of Yorkshire on a bright pink and blue 4,5,6 grand bike hoping it doesn’t get scratched you need to have a look at what kind of person you are.

Not that I’d turn one down if they were giving them away 🙂

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

hora – Member
    Cracking vid and matchin colorway

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

I think that vid nicely sums up Santa Cruz; Living their mission statement,Pushing the envelope and using Multi-level viral marketing to Humanise their brand

expect to see a shit load of them decked in XX1, ENVE wheels etc atop Audis in the Surrey Hills very soon

hora

expect to see a shit load of them decked in XX1, ENVE wheels etc atop Audis in the Surrey Hills very soon

Errr dude they grow them there, alongside the audis.

nbt

Made me think of Lowey and Hora, this one. Dunno why 🙂

[video]http://vimeo.com/91181466[/video]

philfive

Hahaha I like the that Vid but have Santa Cruz shot themselves in the foot with the new Nomad by only allowing single ring or do they assume most people will run a single ring anyways?

hora

but have Santa Cruz shot themselves in the foot with the new Nomad by only allowing single ring or do they assume most people will run a single ring anyways?

Once upon a time- basically upto about 6months ago. If you’d have said singlering set ups great I’d have scoffed. The majority of riding and with the newer – better gears/cassettes etc do we really need a spinny’ granny? Unless you are riding up a consistently very long steep hill?

Plus the Nomad isn’t aimed at crazy XC undulation? Saying that I bet you could ride it all day in most of the UK.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

It is a shame a decent bike can be ruined by muppets down south mincing on them 🙂

Costs as much as an S-works too, cheaper bikes available, not a filing cabinet

nbt

Mike wrote:

do we really need a spinny’ granny? Unless you are riding up a consistently very long steep hill?

Have you ridden in the alps without uplift? some big ass ol’ climbs there, mate

philfive

I have a double on my Rune but only really use when my legs are tired at the end of the day so maybe your right, the cynic in me says it just allows them to have expensive builds as it will come with 11 speed as standard.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

oh and 32×42 is a really spinny gear

hora

Yes on my last Tour stage I led the Pelaton on my Surly singlespeed with nobbleys on Sir.

philfive

Just had a look at the builds and the basic build is £5699 going up to £8000 with Bos suspension, vivid air and Enve wheels

Ouch

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

🙂

was in the alpujarras last year, maybe not quite as big as the alps but some big climbs, there were a couple of scottish lads doing fine on single ring setups, think they were mansize 32×11-36 setups aswell, not a nambypamby 30×10-42

I was really suffering from the heat/lack of training/being a bit shit and spinning up in granny ring 😳

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Just had a look at an S-works Enduro – fair comparison?
    http://www.thebikefactory.co.uk/productdetails.asp?productid=73666

Which is the better value?

It’s a high end bike, it’s carbon, it’s got very high end kit on it. Do you expect it to be cheap?

philfive

It’s not about wether I expect it to be cheap but where will the ceiling be?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I reckon if I specked the sworks like that it would be more. It’s a top end race bike in some ways. It’s just putting it out there for those who want to buy it at that spec.

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

They stole my colour scheme. 🙁

Dave

30t x 42 cog :o)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz Promo video’ is closed to new replies.