Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • New Santa Cruz Bronson what do you think
  • DanW
    Free Member

What day is it today?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Monday

kudos100
    Free Member

Looks good to me.

I’m going to laugh when I read the first post “my 650b wonder machine is so much better than my 29’er!”

woohoo 650B it’s the future man, dan atherton won an enduro on one! 🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kudos100
    Free Member

Better to spend the money on intense skills courses and weight loss.

Who has hacked your account?

Rorschach
    Free Member

What intense skillz for trail centres?

hora
    Free Member

True dat. Countless decal options for the man who likes long options lists on his new Audi/bmw

wrecker
    Free Member

Yeh. Options are crap eh? We’d be much better off with less choice……

twohats
    Free Member

http://www.bikemag.com/gear/exclusive-video-bronson-santa-cruzs-new-650b-trail-bike/#13648330866354&id=257904&height=714

Interesting article about how the Bronson was supposed to be a 26″ wheeled bike, but due to demand they made it 650b.
    Interestingly both Santa Cruz and the test report say that there’s no real advantage of 650b over a 26″ wheeled bike!

Rorschach
    Free Member

“100 bored angry cynical ****”….has he been on here?
    I REALLY like the sweary Santa Cruz guy!
    Nice to hear it’ll be longer,lower and slacker than ‘usual’.
    NOW I’m interested.

zangolin
    Free Member

650B MTBs were around back in 1985. Remember seeing a fair few at the Fat Tyre Five Races/Weekends back in 1985 – Jeremy Torr and Geoff Apes – English Cycles if I remember correctly. Think they could only get tyres from Finland – Nokian.

Jeffus
    Free Member

100 bored angry cynical ****”….has he been on here?
    I REALLY like the sweary Santa Cruz guy!
    Nice to hear it’ll be longer,lower and slacker than ‘usual’.
    NOW I’m interested.

Great video he is spot on 😀 it is one of the ones 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Gorgeous but I prefer the tracer 275. “Neil donoghue won the entire GE series on a 26er last year,” and the year before Box won it on a tracer 29er.

winterfold96
    Free Member

JCL – if a 26 and a 29 have the same bb height in absolute terms, then why would bb height relative to axle height have an affect on the overall CoG?

roverpig

Yes, fun video, but his closing comment, along the lines of “if you can’t tell the difference why do you mind” is just crying out for the response “because you are forcing me to ditch all the 26″ stuff I’ve spent years buying”. Of course it’s no big deal if you just buy and sell complete bikes. But if you tend to buy frames etc and build bikes up yourself then all these (non)standards (of which wheel size is just the latest in a long line) are a right pain.

wrecker
    Free Member

and the year before Box won it on a tracer 29er.

The key difference is; nobody is saying 29ers are good/bad. Quite relevant given the context,

nedoverendsmole
    Free Member

Cock in your eye Santa Cruz- I have never liked your bikes.

wors

So basically, they only made it because enough people wanted ?

Probably the same as how 29 ers as so much in the mainstream now.

😯

Paceman
    Free Member

It looks a fun bike, I’d like a go. Not bothered what the wheel size is, don’t like the yellow colour though.

FuzzyWuzzy

Wow, is this the forum for special people? You all talk so much shit.

lol, I’ve never seen the STW forum summed up quite so succinctly before

bueller
    Free Member

My LBS has just had a carbon Bronson in. Apparently there are only 5 or 6 in the U.K at the minute. They were building it up today and let me have a peek, so it will probably be out on display/for sale tomorrow. I took a couple of cheeky phone snaps. Frame is nice in the flesh.

Edit: It’s Swinnos Cylces at Cannock Chase if anyone is looking for one.

somouk
    Free Member

Swinnos had an orange Santa Cruz swinging in the shop a couple of weeks back that had a £6500 price tag!!

Nice bike but a bit extortionate, I wonder what this one will be up at?

bueller
    Free Member

They are listed as £6020 i think! The Tallboy LT Carbon you’re on about is still hanging up by the door.

Rosss
    Free Member

The price is so high it actually makes the bike ugly IMO. I’d rather keep my stumpy and invest the £4k in cake. I will however be popping in on sunday to have a look.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz Bronson what do you think’ is closed to new replies.